Saturday, June 13, 2009

Emotional Roller-coaster

Oh what a ride this past few months have been.  I swear that I can cry at the drop of a hat.  I can go from blissfully happy to totally angry  just as quick.  It's terrible.  My mind is racing of all possible scenarios of every situation in my life.  I know that this is just my "red personality" freaking out at my lack of control.

Things I can not control:
- the inspector and his requirements
- the buyers funding
- the "mean girls" at school
- the aqua schedule
- the schools schedule of crazy 1/2 days
- the rain impeding on my strawberry picking
- the moving truck 
- the army
- the cost of closing on the house
- the fact that my children are going to mess up my house.. just by nature
- that we will be eating weird meals as we try to eat down our food.
- the way that other people respond to us moving
- how other people feel or react
- the fact that the days are slipping away and there doesn't seem to be enough time

I am sure that if I sat here long enough I could think of more.  I want so badly to control all these things.  I want to know what other people are thinking, and I want to know when my movers are coming, and I want to be able to plan the next two weeks of my life

If we get to move when we want to move we will be leaving 2 weeks from wednesday.  That is only 17 days, 2 of which my kids are in school all day.  3 of which they are in school 1/2 days.  that leaves me with 12 days.  3 are sundays.  down to 9.  At least 2 of them gone to be home watching the packers, we're down to 7!  And even then.... I am sure that there will be a million and one things that need to be done other then these things.  My days here are really growing slim.  I've had people from the gym ask if I would be there in the next 2 weeks....  gee, there's not much time left, I don't know if that is what I am going to do with my last bit of time here in MD.  Part of me wants to make a list of what I want to do, but another part of me thinks that the list will over whelm me and leave me feeling that I didn't get a chance to squeeze it all in.   Oh well.  
If anything maybe this blog has helped me to see, really see, the things that I can't control.  :-(.  I really need to work on gaining some "yellow" personality traits.  The only one of those that I have is being late.... that's not one of their good ones.  :-)  Here's to positivity.  *deep breath*

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Take a deep breath and count your blessing. I hate to quote Oprah.. but keep a Gratitude Journal. :)

Greg and Nicole Jensen said...

I think those are reasonable things to want to control. What is up with scheduling your movers? Sometimes the Army makes Greg crazy. It is so hard to get anything done. Just think about your cute house waiting for you on the other end. When does Brent take the boards? Do you have to stick around for that? Can he take them there?

Jeri said...

This doesn't compare but last year I couldn't believe that summer was over. I spent the last week try to do just ONE thing each day that I loved about summer. (of course it was all in the name of photography...)

That is what I would do. Do ONE thing that you will miss each day. It doesn't have to be an all day excursion...it can be as simple as a Qdoba salad. (Maybe you'll have those in Clarksville?)

Jann said...

Oh, that is soon. I probably will not get a chance to see you again. I wish you the very best. It was so great getting to know you. I am going to miss all the fun parties you had in your house. Good luck with everything. I am glad you have your blog, so I can keep up with what you are doing.

Kellie said...

The only thing you can do on a roller coaster my friend is PUT UP YOUR HANDS AND SCREAM!!!
I look forward to our morning on Tuesday so we can talk. I won't have to bring my little pal Tyler.

Jenni said...

Oh Christie, I feel for you! Goodbyes and moving and house selling are so very hard. I wish you the best and I know you'll be able to get through it - you are such a capable and amazing woman!

tracey said...

Chill out! Sit out on your deck, grab a drink and enjoy your last days there. Some of my favorite memories of MA are the last days we spent together with friends out in the backyard chilling out, or at the beach just enjoying each other. The other stuff will happen and get done whether you sit around and stew about it or not.

Barbara said...

oh no! - was that a direct quote? (about your red personality) You know me always trying to help out:)
I can't believe it!!! only two weeks!! I haven't really wanted to ask how long :( I know you can do it:) You'll have everything organized before you know it!! Love ya:)

Cami said...

Oh, I hate feeling out of control. It will all be over soon, and all of these crazy emotions you feel so keenly now will (and dollars lost) will all just blend into the past. Good luck