So we say it won't be the last.... But it was the last one that would be organized easily... A gals trip to Lancaster. Oh, how I love these girls. I am going to miss these times SO much. We all got babysitters and snuck away a 3, actually more like 4pm on Friday afternoon.
We got there in time to grab some Chilies and go to The Christmas Tree shop. Everyone behaved rather well.... And as always, I somehow spent more then anyone. (I like to claim that it is because I have the biggest family.... but really I think it's cuz I have less restrain :-) ) When they kicked us out of Christmas Tree Shop we went back to the Hotel room with Sonic drinks in hand and chatted and played till the wee hours of the morning. I couldn't tell you what we chatted about, but I can tell you that it was glorious. There is just something about a sleep over!!!! Love em!
We got up on Saturday and leisurely went about getting ready. This is quite a challenge for my "Red" personality who watches the minutes tick by on a holiday, but I tried to remember that part of the fun was just being together. Once we were up and going, we headed into Kitchen Kettle Village. I love this place. I fell in love with it 9 years ago when I lived in Philly and "the girls" would go to Lancaster for the day. We had a ball looking at all the stuff, and stalking the Amish. I love to watch them. I bought a basket of Strawberries from some cute little Amish boys on the side of the street. (they were so yumm) We looked at their laundry.... he he, and just had a great time. Then we headed into the outlet mall to squeeze in as much shopping as possible. Dragging everyone about, through the dinner hour so as to not waste one moment of shopping time. Every store we went into was FREEZING cold tho. It was a nice day, but everyone had their air conditioning cranked up so high that it was uncomfortable. So before we went to dinner, we went to target and bought these little matching sweaters for 6 bucks a piece. Ain't we cute?
We had such wonderful conversations and laughs. That night at the hotel after bumming over a dozen yummy rolls from the waiter at dinner... we chatted again and took pictures of us in our cute sweaters. I don't know what happened but a lot of my pictures are blurry. We will have to do retakes. :-) The next morning Christina headed home (Jared had to speak in church) but the rest of us slackers stayed in Lancaster to play with our cameras and have a relaxing sunday.
Here we are trying to get a shot with the timer. Humph, I cut off Jeri's foot. she wasn't supposed to hang it down that far. :-) I wasn't really feeling the whole people picture thing... I really just wanted to photograph Lancaster... I found a few things to photograph, but the sun was blaring, so it was not a simple task. I am sure that Jeri's photos of this weekend of all the girls will blow mine out of the water, but it was fun anyway.
Here are some of the pictures I shot while Jeri was photographing Barbara. I got to take some pictures of Jeri, with her camera. I realized afterwards, that I should have claimed that CF card so that I could proof them and publish them, but she was one step ahead of me. Now her silliness will never be exposed. :-)
I just can't tell you enough how much I love Lancaster and the feel there. I love the peace and the quiet... even with tourists all around eating homemade jellies.. this place is so wonderful!
I finally gave in and bought my little Amish Dolls that I have been coveting for almost 10 years. They weren't really expensive, I just never was able to justify more "stuff". I couldn't leave this part of the country, again, with out them.
I also had to buy some cute shoes... and took pictures so that I could show them to my mom, The inspiration to my growing shoe addiction.
These ones are bass, so they are reasonably comfortable. the others... totally uncomfortable, but DANG!
I am not going to write how I really feel as I wrap up this post, cuz then I will cry and blubber away. I will end with the resolve that this WILL happen again, that these girls WILL be around forever and that only more good things are to come.
13 comments:
YAY! Great post! You always remember every detail!
I am so glad my silliness is safely sitting on my CF card! You know I wouldn't have been leaping around for your CF card! Dangerous ground there...you would probably tag me on facebook with that image! =) The horror!
I love your Lancaster images! The roof top is my favorite.
It was a great trip! I am so glad we were able to go, and make some wonderful memories together!
Looks like a lot of fun. Did you guys buy matching sweaters? Cute! The shoes are great too.
So glad you were able to have another trip with the girls. Saying goodbye stinks! You all look so cute!
I love it-maybe I'll post the whole thing on my blog!! hehe:) It was so much fun to have one more kid less moment this summer:)
I think I at least equalled your christmas tree amount when you add my *two* trips together!!
so fun! i'm glad you got to enjoy some serious girl time. i love that picture of jeri and the orange flowers. awesome.
Wow that does look fun. Maybe you guys can find somewhere in the middle to meet for future sleepovers. At least we have FB and Blogspot to keep track of each other.
I LOVE!!!!!!!!!! the shoes!!!!!!!! I taught you well. It makes me proud!!!
What fun. I love the pictures.
I just read that you lived in Philly 9 years ago.We lived in Philly 8 years ago while Rob was going to Penn. Where did you guys live? Is that were you did DO school? We were in the Broomhall ward. We lived on Lancaster in Wynnewood.
How very very fun!! So glad you were able to have this girls weekend! You all are so cute!!
I have to say I LOVE the shoes! Too cute! It looks like you had lots of fun!
Hey! I just left the last comment!
Tobie
This looks like such a blast, friend. What a great time to spend together :)
Post a Comment