A few years ago, a family moved in up the street. We saw that they had 2 little girls. I heard through the grape vine that they were home schooled.
We watched and waited, wondered if we should be so bold as to go and knock, or intrude on their play. We never did. I kept telling the kids that maybe their mom doesn't want them to visit with the other kids.... I didn't know, and last thing I want is for my kids to be THOSE kids in the community.... (you know who I'm talking about). And so we waited..... we waited too long. One day just last month, the girls joined in some water play in our front yard.
Oh why, oh why did we wait? Tori and Sophia hit it off. Tori wants to spend every moment with her new pal. They get a long perfectly and these little girls are such well rounded, nice children. I am so sad that we've missed the opportunity to know them for longer. So now, we just be grateful that we've had the chance at all, and make the best of the time we have. (One more month)
Oh how I have longed to have a friend for Liza who lives close by.... and Victoria is perfect.... they get a long SO well. She is not petty or rude. She is respectful and kind and a great friend for Liza (slows her down a bit). Here's to one more month together... AND a lesson learned. Carpe diem.
5 comments:
Oooh, that's sad. I know, you don't want to be the obnoxious kids who are always coming over, but now those obnoxious kids NEVER come to my house, and my kids are sad. Argh! There's a balance, I tell you! Well, have fun while you can!
That is sad. Your right though, at least you have one more month for your kids to play with them. At your new house you'll know to be more courageous with possible play mates. Hopefully, you'll never have to disconnect your door bell ;).
I love making new friends, especially when they are close. It has taken us almost a year to get to know the other Americans in the town....crazy.
cute pictures! the kids all look like they are having lots of fun:)
Aww... I hate when that happens! That has happened to us a few times. Made great friends just before we had to leave:-( Enjoy the time you have left :D
Post a Comment