My sweet Tori is completely obsessed with Peter Pan. Some days are worse then others, and it comes in spurts, but when it rains it pours. This girl thinks that someday she and Peter will surely marry. She draws pictures and quotes the movie all day. I was told 3 times today alone that Hook just call's him "pan". She gave me a very detailed run down of the beginning of the movie this morning that was accompanied by a drawing like the one in the movie. Now if it was the cute little Disney Peter Pan it would be different (I think) but this girl is obsessed with what she calls, "Peter Pan 2" It is a live actors version, with Jeremy Sumpter as Pan. Before Christmas (the last spurt of obsession) she asked me to print up a picture of Jeremy Sumpter. She carried it around with her for about 2 weeks, it actually got ruined and she had me print a new one, but I used it as leverage and got her to do something (I can't remember what) before I would print her a new picture. She talks all the time about how she wants to "do the peter pan play" which means basically to make others play rolls in the movie with her and act it out. She is seriously crazy about Pan. She even talks with a British accent from time to time as she quotes some lines in the movie. She is a little movie critic as she tells me what parts of each version of Peter Pan she enjoys more. She is a little disturbed by the fact that on "peter pan 2" the sew his shadow right to his foot and it hurts him. Anyway, I just Wanted to make sure that somewhere it was documented what Tori spent the 5th year of her life doing. Between this and her determination to gather all her pals and do what she calls "The Mary Play" Which is essentially acting out the nativity. She is going to make me crazy. Sure love her though. At least she's not being obsessive about something naughty. :-)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
This is really funny. It would drive we a little crazy having to watch/listen to that more than a few times. I was glad when my kids got past the stage of watching movies over and over.
Ooh that's the one with Lucius Malfoy as Hook right?! Nice. I still haven't seen it, but it looks pretty cool! I myself am stuck watching Tinker Bell and Return to Neverland over and over again with Nina - I guess she must be a Peter Pan fan too!:)
I've never watched that version, nor have my kids. Sounds like it's addictive though! Can't she just watch HSM and talk about Troy? Actually, now Selena loves the Jonas Brothers. Enjoy the Pan!
Hey! Marielle will love doing the Mary play with her. Every FHE she wants to act it out again so that she can coyly quote all Mary's lines from "A King Is Born".
This is rubbing off on someone I know. Last night Peter Pan took Talia to Neverland...the second star to the right...you know!
Post a Comment