Once upon a time, on a VERY windy day, a silly silly mommy decided to run a few errands. After a morning at the gym and nearly getting blown away walking to and from the door, she needed Valentines napkins for the Valentines party @ school tomorrow. (PS. The mommy thinks that it is ridiculous that she has spent darn near $20 for her children to participate in Valentines @ school) A trip to the "party store" was in order. She chose the party store to avoid going to Target and spending $100, on stuff that she finds wandering around. The store was filled with lovely valentines mylar balloons and the threesome just couldn't resist! So out the store they went with 4 balloons in hand. "Hold on tight to the string," the silly mommy said "the wind is strong and will steal your balloon." The 5 year old held tight but the wind stole it right off the string. Oh the disappointment on her face as she watched her balloon be whisked up into the sky, she stood with the long limp string in her hand and looked to her mother for support. "Wow!" said the silly mommy "I guess we need to hold onto the balloon, not just the string. Lets go back in and get another one." So back in they went. Back to listen to the two year old whine about all the candy she wanted, and back to the silly mommy saying "not today." They payed for the fifth balloon and then, balloons in arms, they braved the thieving wind again. After tying the balloons down in the car, the silly mommy did another silly thing... She needed more boxes for moving, so we went to the dumpsters behind the stores to dive for a few. Forgetting the crazy wind, the silly mommy made a pile of boxes that were just the right size on the ground. Then the pile blew away... there was that silly mommy, chasing boxes all over the ally thinking the whole time about how silly she is. She gathered them up, and went to load them into the passenger side of the van. The silly mommy forgot to bring her keys, so the silly mommy had to leave her second pile of boxes and run around to the other side of the van to get her keys. By this time, the pile had once again blown away. She tried to be nice in her thoughts as she cursed her old fashioned van that has no power features.
Thursday, February 12, 2009
On a windy day..
"Hold on tight to your balloons girls, I have to open the van door to put the boxes in." Balloons clenched to chests the boxes were loaded. They nearly lost the bundle of 3 as the 2 year old cried because the balloons were beating her on the head in attempt to be free. On the ride home the 5 yr old commented "Well, at least I gave one to Jesus." Flustered and lost the silly mommy said "What do you mean? What did you give to Jesus?" "I gave Him a Valentine balloon mommy, it said "be mine" on it." With a smile on her face the silly mommy said "I guess you did. Happy Valentines Day Jesus."
Posted by Christie at 12:34 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
13 comments:
What a fun way to document a crazy day:) I laughed so hard I cried at the thought of little Katie being hit with all those balloons. (sorry katie) ha, ha:) I love the balloon for Jesus. So sweet:)
I'm laughing as I read this! You are so funny!
That is really touching...
It is not windy here :)
That was so cute! (the end) Isn't it sweet to be reminded of simple things that children think about?
love!
You forgot the ...and they all lived happily ever after. Isn't it great living in a fairy tale? BTW, It was nice chatting with you the other evening.
ha! that's hilarious! with a sweet ending.
and you are so nice. last time i had to provide napkins, the kids got plain white from my stash in the basement. :)
I know that feeling of 'thinking how silly she was the whole time' all too well.
Fun post. Thanks for sharing!
I can't believe you went through all of that! That would have made a great video clip. What a totally sweet girl you have, giving a balloon to Jesus. That's such a positive way to look at it.
At least you were just a silly mommy. I would have been a grumpy mommy about then.
I am laughing! And, I HAVE to agree about Target too... I spend so much money at that place, and I leave without what I came to get! But I love it still Ü. Your family is so stinkin' cute, and you are an awesome Mom!
Awww!! That is so sweet. Are little kids the greatest?
OH MY WORD. Well told, friend :)
Post a Comment