Oh has it been a week around here....
.... we got an e-mail from the Army this week. It basically said... you're going to be assigned to Fort Campbell, KY. Report date 07.15.09. UNLESS....... this that and the other happens, in which case, we will change your assignment.... so we'll let you know by March 15th.
AHHHH!!! Are you kidding me!?!?! You Turkeys!!!!! Why oh why do they do this to us? I have resolved that they must be pretty dang sure that they are sending us there or they wouldn't have said anything... Esp. early. So I choose to get excited about it and am looking up houses on the internet. My mom is coming out to watch the kids so we can go house hunting. (wait till they hear about that!!!) We won't go out hunting till after the 15th, but mom is coming here, and we will be going somewhere to look for houses. :-) Hopefully Clarksville. This is actually where we wanted to be. Clarksville is the city that is closest to Ft Campbell.
I have decided that the house is going on the market this weekend... ready or not. I am sick and tired of this craziness. SO, I hope I get it done. I have a few things to do
-finish de-cluttering kitchen
-paint doors (3)
-mulch flower-beds
-power wash house
-final touches on basement
-touch up walls in kids rooms
-paint hall upstairs
- clean up yard
- Clean floors
-take pictures.
Thats the short list. And monday I have to teach water aerobics, and help alex w/ a report at school. Tuesday I've got the whole day. Wednesday I have to Chaperone Toris preschool trip in the am, then Kids have 1/2 day and then I have YW's in the evening. Thursday is water aerobics in the am, and PT interviews in the pm w/ kids home with 1/2 day. And Friday is day off for kids!! Yipee. Can you say.... plug in the children? Yes, they will watch a disgusting amount of TV and will be terribly neglected when we are home. :-) Oh well. It's only a week. Brent has another busy week, so his to do list won't get done either. So his crap is going in a big box. I am done with this business. Here we go!!!
Oh I have a lot to blog about.
I have some missionary moments to write about
Liza did a solo at the ward talent show
I danced at the ward talent show
And I know there is at least one more. anyway. gotta get the house done, then blog. :-)
13 comments:
Well I hope they don't change it on you!! My Brother in law was stationed at Fort Campbell most of his time in the Army. Good Luck!!!
Oh my goodness....it's probably going to be a place totally worth all this trouble and tribulation! :)
either way you're still not going to be around to enjoy you anymore. SO...as much as I want them to delay any news of you going anywhere, it's rather selfish and torturous for you since you're swamped with work. Hopefully they come back with exciting news for you on the 15th if anything to make all this work worth the trouble. Hang in there my friend, it's only but a short moment longer. sniff, sniff :(
That's great!! Wow, you are SUPER busy!! Good luck getting everything done!! Love you!
wow, congrats. i hope. i didn't realize the army was so wishy-washy. :) and check out this blog to get you in the mood for house hunting. it will make you feel better about whatever state your house is in when you list it:
www.lovelylisting.com
Hurray!!! I'm so excited for you to have a destination:)
WOW!!! I hope they just leave it at that so you can move ON with life : ) GOOD LUCK getting your house on the market, friend. GOOD LUCK@@
buy fake flowers and stick them in the flower beds ... it will help sell the house!!
You're moving??? we're coming over for a couple of weeks in the summer, you may not be there???? Thats not good. Good luck with getting everything ready
I am so excited for you! I'm going to do some surfing and find out about this KY place. Goos luck this week
Love you
Congrats!! Maybe . . .
That is crazy. I hope everything is finalized soon.
NO WAY!!!!!!!!!!! I was hoping it was OKC!!!!! But, I am really really really excited for you guys and I hope (for your sake) that they don't change it either. Kentucky would be an AWESOME place to live! How awesome! Also, I LOVED the picture of the day care house....that seriously made me laugh out loud!
I'm always up for going to KY, but I can't say I would be very helpful, I only know how to decorate without a budget!!! (he, he) I would love it!
That is crazy. I hope everything goes well with the house selling.
Post a Comment