Monday, February 16, 2009

Valentines Day '09

Hospital Valentines Dinner/Dance.

I always look forward to the opportunity to dress up and go out dancing.  Although I am lucky to get Brent on the floor for more then 5 songs, I enjoy what I can get.  I usually get to eat a few Chocolate Dipped Strawberries (my favorite, just incase you were wondering), so that is also something to look forward to.  I wish that the picture was more of us and less of the big train behind us, but what ever..  I am happy to have a picture of us at all.  Brent and I aren't big anniversary or valentines celebrators.   We do a lot for Birthdays, Mothers and Fathers Day and Christmas, but very little for anything else.  Brent almost always brings me, or sends me flowers, and this year was a bouquet of Stargazer Lilies (My Favorite) and Irises.  It is beautiful, I'll be sure to photograph it when it is all opened up. :-)

We spent the day getting the house ready.  Brent and some buddies packed up the van and Lincoln's truck and took a bunch of stuff (how DO we get so much stuff?)  over to our sweet friend Cari's home.  I had the kids go through their rooms.  Now we have both kids rooms almost ready (just cleaning to do) 1 bathroom done, 2 almost done.  The living room done, and the kitchen and Basement can't be more then a few days away.   The laundry is once again out of control, but we are trying to ignore that.  We'll see if I make it through the night.  :-)  

As far as my kids go, they had a great time at their parties on Friday, and Liza went to a Valentines party at Lindsay's house on Sat afternoon.  I got them Hershey Bars that had cute valentine wrappers on them, and that was about it.  :-)  Poor souls.. I hear all these mommies talking about gifts and surprises, and treats... yeah, not in this house.  Oh well.  They get treats for no reason around here, way too often.

Made cinnamon rolls tonight, and cookies... why???? I don't know, just thought the house wasn't a big enough mess.  Maybe I can bribe the realtor tomorrow.  :-)  My auntie taught me that the way to a mans heart is through his stomach....  no wait, she told us that this was NOT the fact... (I think Tobie was trying to win over some boy by giving him candy.)   She was wrong though, cuz that is the direct line to their hearts.  :-)   Sorry that was a little flash back tangent.  Anyway.  Happy Valentines day!

7 comments:

Tracy said...

So glad you had a night out with your sweetie. You look so pretty! Can't wait to see pics of your house looking decluttered. That has to feel so nice. I wonder if Cari would notice if I took stuff from my house and stored it at hers too :) Your house probably smells soooo yummy now with all the baking you're doing.

Jenni said...

That picture of you guys is great!! Sounds like you have been so busy!! I hope that your meeting with the realtor goes well and you are making my mouth water with the talk of cinnamon rolls and cookies - yum!!

Jared - Christina said...

You look fabulous! I want to see a full-length shot of your dress! :)
Glad you had a nice night out and things are falling into place with the house.

Jeri said...

I agree with Tracy, your house has got to smell heavenly! That is in fact helping you get ready to sell, right?!

Love the dress, and I am glad it all worked out!

Anonymous said...

Nice photo... send it to Kevin and he can crop it and fix it up!!

Garner Family said...

You look so Pretty!! Thanks for the nice comment... glad you found my blog, even though I've been really bad about posting things lately. I'm going to try to get some baby pictures on soon.

tracey said...

Sounds like a nice night out. Who hosted the dance?