Monday, February 16, 2009

Car Conversations

Tori drew this picture at Church yesterday.  They talked about people in our lives who are extra special (extraordinary)  I asked who who this was, "It's Grandma Tiffany."  Awww, she loves her grandma!  My kids really wish that they had family around.  In the car today, Liza had the idea that when she grows up she is going to buy a big "field of land" and she is going to buy a house for Grandma & Karl, Grandpa, Mom and Dad, Grandpa Wall and Arbra, Uncle Ben & Emily, Brad and Jo, Auntie Drea and Jeff, and Auntie Tracey and Brad.  "We should all live together" she said.  I told her that back in the old days, that is exactly what they did.  "Why don't we do that anymore??"  My answer was simple.  "Jobs" :-)  Oh well.  

The kids saw some pour soul getting a speeding ticket and they Tori talked of how she felt sorry for that person.  Then the conversation turned to, "how would YOU like it if MOM got a ticket?"  "Well what if she got 3 Tickets?!?!  They would put her in jail!"  "Yeah, and what would we do?"  "We would have to go to an orphanage"  "No we would go to grandmas!"  "We would have no money, we would have to pickup pennies and save them all until we had $350!"  Yeah, and then what would mom do?"  "Mom would just sit on the floor, cuz there is no toilets in prison."  "Oh man, I hope she doesn't sit in the Electric chair!"  "we could to go to grandmas, cuz mom would just call Grandma and say "I am in jail, can the kids come?"  "Yeah, then they would send us the tickets and we would just go live with Grandma for a year till mom gets back out."  
And that was the end of the conversation.  They had talked it through, all would be well, and Grandma would come to the rescue.
I made the mistake of telling the kids that Grandma wanted them to come and live with her while I got the house ready.  They now won't stop talking about how they need to go and live with her.  They are sure that the schools would be fine with it all, and that some how between Grandma and Grandpa there would be a way to juggle their care.  :-)  Too funny.  Now they are more excited about Grandma coming when we go to look for a house then they are excited about finding out WHERE we are going to find the house!  Too fun.  I am glad that my kids love their grandparents and their families. 

7 comments:

Barbara said...

Her picture is very sweet. Elek's teachers were probably a little surprized he wrote barbara instead of mommy and I had a 5 oclock shadow going on!

Jeri said...

Sweet! Grandma to the rescue! I love the conversation. Isn't it just like kids to make sure the potty situation is handled?

Jenni said...

Oh my that was a hilarious conversation! I love how they worked it all out - too bad you ended up in prison in the scenario tho!:)

Anonymous said...

The key to this whole scenario is that when Mom finally gets out of jail and restored to her own potty all the kids come home to mommy! Good kids with their heart where it should be (with granma an mom).

couplabz said...

You will love living near family. We sure do. It makes it easier to be Super Mom.

tracey said...

LOL! Where do your kids come up with this stuff??

Becca at Motherhood "perfected" said...

That is too funny! I'm so happy there is blogging and FB to be able to keep up with you no matter where you guys go.