Monday, November 3, 2008

HAPPY 5th BIRTHDAY VICTORIA!

I can't believe that you are 5!  Where did the time go?  You are such a sweet girl, and you are so fun to have around.  When I was pregnant with you, we went to Niagara Falls and on the Canadian side of the falls there is a park called "Victoria Park"  Obviously after the Queen Victoria.  Seeing as how we already had an Elizabeth and we stuck with those kinds of Regal names with Alexander, the name Victoria jumped straight out at me.  I knew from that point on that you would have to be my little Tori.  I was thrilled when you grew in your curly blond hair that looked just like "big Tori's" hair when she was a little girl.  You came into this world faster then any of your siblings.  The only reason you weren't born in the car was because of a stalled labor.  It only stalled long enough to get to the hospital, then you came out as fast as you could.  It was such a fun day when you came into the world.  I will never forget that day, as long as I live.  I will never forget the drive in the car, the delivery and most of all seeing my baby girl.  I bought the cutest little purple outfit for you, it had a little hat.  You looked so lovely in it.  I can still see you, as a little baby, resting on my knees in the hospital bed, in  your little purple outfit.  When you were in the hospital, they wouldn't give me a soother for you.  They told me that they didn't have any, and i had kind of counted on the token free soother that every hospital gives out, so I didn't have anything either.  You loved to suck... oh what was I to do?  You spent a lot of time in my bed while we were in the hospital, till dad could bring us the beloved sue sue.   From that day on you were hooked.  "sue Sue" and "sue sue fire"  became some dear friends of yours.  When they "broke", so did your heart, and for weeks you slept with one in one hand and one in the other.  :-(  You were SO incredibly easy to Potty Train.... it was a delight to work with you.  As it is in most cases.

Your personality is wonderful.  You are so sweet and so kind.  You do like to be in charge of stuff, but you can be persuaded into new ideas.  You are sweet to your brother and sister (usually).  You love babies, and oh how you LOVE strollers. You currently have 3 doll strollers, and a cart, but you've had to trow out 2 that were worn to a frazzle.  Let me tell you a story about you and strollers...
One day, Liza was in the drivers seat with the controller to the TV.  I was not around, and apparently the two of you caught then tail end of "A Baby Story"  which showed (discreetly) a baby being born.  For almost a year after wards you still talk about this event.  You immediately swore off having children when you grow up.  Through various discussions with me and surprisingly, various women in our ward,  you could not be persuaded to believe that it is all worth it.  That the needles and screaming was really okay because then you have a baby to hold and love for ever.  No. You still were never having children.  One day, about 10 months after the show, you were sitting with "miss Jeri" at church, and you were talking about her new baby.  You told her that you were not going to have any babies and why you were not going to do it.  She began with the same ideas as the rest of us, but then she switched directions, see, miss Jeri knows you, and she knows your love for strollers.  She told you that, when you have a baby, you get to buy strollers for that baby.  You were intrigued...  strollers you say???  Then miss Jeri proceeded to tell you how many strollers she has and all their different purposes, doubles, joggers, ones for car seats, umbrellas... you name it.  SOLD!!!  You were no longer worried about having babies.  So long as you can have your variety of strollers, that's all that matters.  :-)  
Oh my sweet Tori, we keep asking you to stop growing, but you just wont stop.  You love your curls, and you cry if I brake down and brush them, you know that the brush ruins them.  You are so insulted when i do it, I truly feel bad for doing it, but sometimes they drive me nuts!  :-)  

You counted down for this 5th Birthday for 45 days.  You were driving me nuts asking me over and over how long till your birthday.  You would cry at everyone else's parties because they got to have their birthday first!   By mid September I printed up 2 calenders and stapled them together with a sheet of stickers.  You marked that calender EVERY night, never forgetting for 45 days!  
 So Today for your birthday, Liza got up super early, and made you breakfast in bed.  (what a nice sister, see, she loves you with all her heart)  She made you an egg sandwich and brought yogurt too.  You didn't eat much, as you were far too excited that you were finally 5!  You stood up on top of your bed, reached up to the sky and just grinned from ear to ear as you waited for me to comment in awe about how much bigger you are this morning then ever before!  You were absolutely giddy, but soon got grumpy when you learned that you had to wait all the way till dad came home to open your presents!   We went to the gym so i could teach, and you and Katie wore your costumes.  They noticed when I checked you in that it was your Birthday and they did a "birthday shout" for you and everyone was extra nice to the birthday girl!  After the gym we met your bestest little girl friend at the mall... as per your request.  You played at the play place, and picked Mc Donald's for lunch.  Cheeseburger, Fries and Chocolate Milk, your standard order.  You then got the special treat of riding the carousal.  You and Natalia looked so cute on your horses, and you loved every minute.  Then you were off to" build a bear"  You wanted to spend your birthday money at "Build a Bear".  You picked horse which you later named Rosey Princess.  You dressed her in a pink skirt and a pink shirt with princesses on it.  An outfit that you would wear.  :-)  We had to race out of the mall to get home to get the kids off the bus.  Then a surprise from Daddy, he would be home by 5:30!!  Lucky you (a pal at work rescued him)!  You opened your gifts and were thrilled!  The swimming baby from Grandma Tiffany, the Webkin and $ from Grandpa.  $ from Grandpa Wall and Grandma Arbra,  $ from Great Grandma Reeder, a card from Great Grandma and Grandpa Davies, An "American Girl" doll from mom and dad (it's not really an american girl... you just call it that cuz it looks like one.  its a knock off from Target) , 2 movies from Brother and sisters "Sleeping Beauty" and "Tinker Bell", and A homemade gift from Liza, she made you this weaving thing that is like a choker.  You were both so happy.  You chose "Red Robin Hood" For Dinner, where the silly server brought you out a sunday, but they didn't gather around to sing to you.  That is why you chose that spot, you wanted the singing.  I asked someone else about it, and they said they would take care of it.  But they never came, no one sang.  They sang to two other kids, but not you.  You were sad, and eventually, just wanted to go home and play with your new toys.  You said it was a great birthday.  Tomorrow we take treats to school for your birthday, and on Saturday we are having a "Never Land" party!  Oh it will be fun!  
I love you miss Tori, you are SO SPECIAL!!  Never ever forget that!!!

6 comments:

Tracy said...

What a sweet post! I love that she swore off children. I also was not excited about it when I heard about the pain. Thank goodness for epidurals!
Tori is a very sweet, beautiful girl. Selena will miss her and her fun parties.

kristin said...

I can't imagine that she's five already!!!! She sounds so absolutely sweet. I'm cracking up at the stroller persuasion!!! Almost makes me want one more!!! I don't yet have a double stroller...and I'll bet I could justifty it! love you guys! Happy Birthday, Tori!

Jeri said...

What a beautiful post for a beautiful girl! Natalia and I think the world of you Tori. You are such sweet girl and I am glad we get to hang out with you so often! =)

Jann said...

Happy Birthday, Tori. I love your tribute to your daughter. She is very sweet.

Becca at Motherhood "perfected" said...

I feel so lucky to have gotten to see the birthday girl on her birthday! What a beauty, her blue eyes go on forever, and I love her spunk. Happy Birthday Tori!

Cami said...

I love this post. I'm laughing so hard about the strollers!!