A Tribute to a man who works his butt off for his family. Brent is such a hard worker, and is so hard on himself. He has accomplished so much in the time that I have known him. When we met he was going to be a musician. He soon decided that he wanted to have a family, he looked into the money that professional musicians make and decided that if he were to follow that path he would have to teach kids how to play. This is not something he wanted to do, so he switched carrier paths. After some research and prayer he settled on medicine. We had NO idea what we were in for. We did interview a Dr friend of his mothers, who told us, "you have to love what you are doing, you can't do this for the money, it is too hard of a road for the money." We laughed then.... we understand now. I do however believe that he made the right decision. Brent finished his undergrad as a musician. He payed for his entire undergrad with scholar ships. Yes sir, the whole kit and caboodle. (He is THAT good) I anxiously await the days when he has enough time to join a local orchestra, just for fun, he loves to play. Brent plays a game with the kids a couple times a month at dinner time. He turns on I tunes and he plays segments from classical music and the children guess what instrument they are hearing. They are getting rather good at identifying what they are hearing. I am sure that this will soon turn into name that composer etc... He loves to share his love of music with the kids. Brent not only used his music to put him through school, but while keeping up with the crazy music schedule, he managed to do all the classes he needed to do to apply for Medical School. At one point in his undergrad he worked at a clothing store part time, and at a game store. This man is a hard worker and always has been. He has gotten into medical school, finished medical school, trained in the army, and has almost completed his residency. He is a Chief Resident this year and works hard to continue to please those with whom he works. I know that he is loved at work, because at work parties everyone has such nice things to say to me. He has also during all of this schooling and working, fathered 4 beautiful children and has been a help to me in raising them and teaching them the gospel. He sure wishes that he could be around more, and blames himself for a lot of things, but I think he does a great job with what he has. Most of all though, this man has put up with me for nearly 14 years!! I am not an easy person to live with. I am very particular, I am vocal, I am emotional and worst of all, I am bossy. Luckily Brent is not particular, not vocal, rarely emotional and will do what ever keeps the peace. Poor man! I try so hard to not be the way that I am, but he is so patient with me. During this time he has also become quite a chess player, he built a clock out of paper, he has taken flying lessons, and is quite the pilot on the computer. He has become a drummer (on rock band), and a wonderful guitarist (also rockband), he has complete Halo and I believe Halo 2. He has maintained loving relationships with his Brothers, and brother in law. He may think that my talking about his x-box accomplishments is slamming him, but really, it shows that he is not a boring guy, locked up in his room studying and working all the time. He does have fun!!
This is a way old picture, but it's us none the less. For Brents Birthday this year I took him to the Go Karts. HE HAD A BALL. It was a very fun evening. I wish that every day could be like that day. He was so happy and full of life speeding around that track. The guys at the place gave him the fastest Kart, so he was pretty cool! We then went out to Long Horn, for some Stake and Lobster. He loved it. (me too! YUM) Then we stopped by Macaroni Grill for his absolute favorite CHOCOLATE CAKE WITH GANACHE! :-) I love you babe. Happy Birthday!! Thank you for all that you have accomplished and all that you continue to do!!!!
9 comments:
Happy birthday Brent. This was a very sweet post. I especially loved the pictures. It sounds like he had a fun birthday
That was such a cute tribute to your man!! I didn't realize he has done so much!!! Wow!
Okay, I am going to have to take your idea for Go Karts for Brian's birthday! I'm sure he will love it! (:
HAPPY BIRTHDAY! You two are so cute and perfect for each other. What a great man you married.
Happy Birthday Brent! You guys are a great couple. I love the snow picture.
Amber
I'm so glad you were able to be together for his birthday. I enjoyed your post. You both are lucky to have each other.
Ha Ha! Brent is older than me again! Those two months we're the same age are tough on me :D
I thought the Go Kart idea was a great one. May just steal that one. Again.. Happy Birthday Brent
I can feel the love :)
Awww, happy b-day! What a great tribute.
What a beautiful post. I wish I knew him better but am glad to know him through you.
Post a Comment