This past week I turned 29 for the 4th time! I had such a great birthday! I woke in the morning to all my children singing Happy Birthday and bringing me breakfast in bed. They had no school, and Brent had work, but they remembered and did it all on their own. I lapped up my HUGE bowl of "Honey Bunches Of Oats....Just Bunches", pushed the tray to the bottom of my bed and fell back asleep, till 11!!!! Yes, my kids let me sleep in till 11:00!!! Liza took over Katie and even had a barricade set up to stop the dog from coming up the stairs. It was glorious. I was sure worried about them all being home, but what a treat. I got showered and ready and packed up the kids to take them to Bolt. (which btw is SUCH A CUTE MOVIE!!! I highly recommend it) As we left the mall, my husband called my cell. He was home already!!! 3:30pm!!! Anyone who knows us even a tiny bit knows that Brent is NEVER home that early! I nearly crashed the van!! I couldn't believe it! When I got home I had a shower while Brent fed the kids and got them ready to go to Co Op at Jeri's. Not only were Jeri and Lincoln going to take my kids for Co Op, but they also offered to keep all 4 of them for a sleep over!! Oh my!! What an offer. We went to dinner at Chevys.. mmm flautas! We had a great time talking about where we may be headed next year.... something that is really in the front of our minds right now. We then got to walk around ALL of the mall. I scored an awesome deal at the Tommy Hilfiger store, a beautiful $70 sweater for $29! I love it! Then we went to the movies. Late movies, we saw......... TWILIGHT! (this was my 3rd time! he he) It was SO GOOD, AGAIN!! I really could just turn around and watch it over and over. We came home and I got a back rub while we watched "Dan In Real Life". It was a late night, but SO much fun! Jeri DELIVERED my kids in the morning, and traded them for me. We went to Panara where we met up with Christina, and I was treated to breakfast. It was lovely. We came home and I made a big pot of Mac and Cheese for the kids and she brought her kids over to have lunch and a play date with my kids, which Brent watched all of them so that we could go shopping. We hit the mall for a couple hours (thanks Brent for being willing to watch not only ours, but Jeris too.) I got a few Christmas Presents at Macy's my newly discovered fav. department store. (thanks Tracey). We ended our little trip with a Cinnabon :-( I complained to Jeri, that this was it. The Birthday was all done :-(. We came home, and Brent headed off to a wedding for a couple from work. (I was invited but opted to not spend my sitter $ on a wedding that I didn't even know anyone.) I took the kids to Costco for laundry soap. And took one last plug for my birthday and bought them fast food for dinner, so that I didn't have to cook. Dinner and Baths, and they were off to bed. I had big plans.... me...... a movie..... 6 loads of laundry (all piled on the sofas for 2 days!). I was quickly picking up in the kitchen and grumbling about why on earth the garbage was thrown on the deck for the dog to dig a whole in, instead of taken 10 more feet to the can, when I saw a car pull into my driveway. I happened to be outside getting that garbage away from Chinook, and saw someone. I had a few seconds to think through who it could be, and why? A little worried, I locked doors and peeked out my peep hole, only to find, it was friend, not foe. I had no idea however just how many friends! 11 of my dear friends were there at my door to surprise me with hugs, balloons, and all the makings for a party. It was so fun.
Unfortunately these are the only pictures I took at the party, cuz I thought it was too funny that they folded all the laundry, then I got caught up in the moment and forgot to take pictures the rest of the time
These ladies made quick work of my huge pile of laundry, THANK YOU GIRLS!!! It was amazing how quickly that many hands can get that big job done! We ate a whole pile of snacks, that I love. I could tell that someone who loves me, and know's me planned the menu. Hummus and chips, Hint of lime Tostetos (my favorite chip), chipotle dip (chipotle is my favorite spice), salsa, Cake with Strawberries and a brie loaf. So yummy. It was so fun to have all these women here. It really made the day special. They left me feeling so happy and loved. I couldn't believe that so many of them would take a night out of their busy lives to come over to chat and bring their Birthday wishes. I am so touched, and already homesick for Maryland. I will try to enjoy while we are here. Maybe, just maybe we'll stay, in which case we'll need a new house with in this ward's boundaries. It was a fabulous birthday! For those who are wondering... whadya get??? Brent and the kids gave me a GPS. Which I am SO excited to have! My mom got me a Miche purse with 4 shells. My Dad got me the beautiful sweater from TH and I still have some $ left. $ from Grandma and Brents Dad and Arbra. Jeri got me these beautiful Teddy Bear brushes to feed my new make up fascination. Christina got me a subscription to Rachel Rae magazine. Jann, a movie ticket ( I wonder what I should go and see), Tracy and Mendy a gift card to TGI Fridays, Raquel a gift card to borders, Barbara a trip to Cheesecake Factory, Kellie a knitted scarf (kellie I need tips on how to fashion your beautiful creation) and Ellen a box of pepperidge farm cookies. Phew, what a haul!! I feel like such a loved and lucky woman. Thank you to Everyone in my life for a wonderful Birthday. For all the phone calls, emails and wonderful Birthday wishes. It was the Bestest birthday!
Sunday, November 30, 2008
29 Again!!
Posted by Christie at 4:22 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
Oh, I'm so glad it was a chock-full fabulous couple of days, friend! That scarf looks great doubled up, hanging long, whatever. I'll try to find some pictures on the web. Love you! Happy Birthday!
sounds like a wonderful couple of days. happy birthday!
I'm so excited for you! You have a GPS. Life (driving) will never be the same :) Happy Birthday!
Happy Birthday! I loved trying to keep it all a secret! Sorry if we ruined your dinner! =)
It was so fun. You'll wonder how you lived without your GPS. I'm so glad I got to share your special day with you. I hope you get to stay here! Chris can find you a house in the ward boundaries -- maybe even closer to us :)
Happy Birthday, sweet Christie..and thanks for the tip on my blog :) when will you guys find out where you're going?? Geoff got a job back home in Montana...about three hours from the fam in Great Falls...don't know if I already told you that or not!
Wish someone would come fold my 'pile'!!!!
miss ya!
Sounds like you were a real princess for the day, Happy Birthday!!!
I was so bummed that I couldn't make it to your party!! Looks like you had a fabulous time though - what a wonderful weekend. Good for you :)
Very fun! I say we all have laundry parties, but I'm so anal about how my laundry is folded, I would have had to let some issues go as everyone folded away. You were a trooper!
Happy Birthday!! You're great.
Post a Comment