My Niece Amber.... isn't she a doll?!?!
Well, we lost our cable for 8 days. 8 days, before this, i would have thought, "aw, that's nothing", now I think "8 DAYS!!!!! WHY ON EARTH!?!?!" Our cable not only runs the TV, but the internet and the phone!! My life lines. The only thing that pulled me through was a wonderful couple of visitors. During our 8 day famine my Sister in Law Andrea (aka Drea) (Brents baby sis) and her baby Amber came to visit for a week. We had a lovely time despite the fact that a crazy 24 hour stomach bug ran through our whole family. Amber went down first... poor soul, never had the pukes before, then suffered a wicked diaper rash ;-(. Then Drea followed shortly after, falling ill on the night of the Twilight release, and missing the show :-( Boo again. Tori and Alex were the next day.... then Katie, then Liza. Come Sunday (when i was supposed to speak in church) i got up early to go over my talk, one last time, sat at the computer and fought off the nausea for about 20 minutes, then lost it. Needless to say, I didn't deliver my talk. Brent teased that he wanted to sit in the congregation and watch me try not to toss my cookies. Brent managed to hide from it for a week, but it caught up with him on Thanksgiving day. Poor guy... almost chucked his frog eye salad. Enough puke talk though, cuz we did have a good time, Drea and I. We talked and talked and talked. We got to have some nice remembering moments, laughing at the Jr. Highschool girl I first met. Talking about mom, and all the things we love and miss about her. Laughing as we remembered the way she said things, esp the boys names when they were being scolded. :-) HEHE. We also listened to Twilight book on tape, which was fun too. Drea had not read them yet, so it was fun to take her on her virgin tour to meet Edward. MMMM. Although she missed the midnight showing, she was feeling up to going the next day... so we went. (which worked out great for me, cuz then I got to see it again!! Hooray!)

Unfortunately, the only time I got out a camera was while they were in the tub!!! What is up with that?? No pics of me and my sis. No clothed shots of my cute niece. I don't know what came over me! I am so sad at the missed opportunity. It was so nice to see them, and to know my baby Amber a wee bit better. She is such a happy baby. She loves to play peek a boo, but she must be the one peeking. Her Grandma would have loved to see those pudgy little hands over her eyes, sandwiching her little button nose, and to hear her say "pek buooo" SO CUTE! I loved her blown kisses and her sweet snuggles. She is such a lovey girl! She would point to her nose with the utmost confidence and say "NO" (for nose). SO CUTE. Oh I am so glad that I got the opportunity to see her, and for just a moment know a little of what it must feel like for Grandparents who live far from their grand babies and want so desperately to see these babies grow up. I think I will put all my money into a huge piece of land and I will build 5 lovely houses. Then they will want to stay right?!?! Boo, I hope my kids don't have to move away from me, I want those grand kids close.
Sorry, little tangent. Anyway, we had a lovely time even though we were w/o technology for a while. Comcast (our cable carrier) however didn't have a good week because this one client kept complaining and complaining, calling multiple times a day. Moaning about reimbursements, deadlines, phone lines and cell phone bills! Sorry for them, they should have fixed it faster!
Thanksgiving was shared with the Tidwells and Hansens. We had enough food to feed the Canadian Military in it's entirety! :-) Two Turkeys (Lincoln had to do two incase his smoked Turkey didn't work... which it did and was delish) a ham, best yams you ever had (thanks AmyJo), rolls, frog eye salad (brents Fave), potatoes, dressing, mango/curry carrots, green salad, and 3 deserts cranberry bread, Carmel Apple Cheesecake, and Nanimo Bars. MMMM I was so good. Too much food though, entirely too much. We had a delicious dinner tonight though where I used the turkey, so well worth it. Thank you Friends for another memorable holiday!

7 comments:
What a fun visit. Sorry you all were yucky for awhile. But you got to see Twilight twice because of it, so I'd say it was worth it. Little Amber is adorable!
Your dinner sounds amazing!! And I HATE the puke thing. That happened to us two summers ago at my in-laws. Pretty horrible - at least you didn't have to give you talk :)
Only in the TUB! I am mad at you for that....she is such an adorable little thing! =)
I am glad we got to spend Thanksgiving together. I am so happy we are friends and that we get to spend the holidays together.
Very fun visit. But no fun with the sickies. That baby IS a doll!
Oh, and I love it that you call it frog eye salad too. Yumm!!
We had so much fun!! Thank you so much for the fun trip! I still can't stop talking about it, and not just the pukey stuff. :) Thanks again sis! Love you!!
Glad you had such a fun time with Andrea, even with all the sickies. Lots of REAL family bonding :D
p.s. sorry about not commenting, my blog readers been acting strange and saying I've read things I haven't etc. so I've been missing stuff... grrr
Post a Comment