Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Waiting

So most of our Med school pals are getting jobs now.... or have them already, they're packing their homes, and getting ready to begin their lives in the real world.  We, on the other hand will remain in limbo till the army sees fit to tell us what we are to do.  Don't get me wrong, I have yet to regret our decision to go with the military for Med School, but it is a little unnerving to not know.  Brent does however have a meeting with the Army on Friday, some friends of ours had their choices narrowed to 2 spots after they had this meeting last year.  So here's to hoping that we too will be able to research only a few options and have a feel for where we will be.   If they're not sending us out west, I want to know now, so that I can deal with it now, and get excited about somewhere else.  Wish us luck, and keep us in your prayers.  I know that we will land where the Lord wants us, it would just be nice if he wanted the same place as I do.  :-)  I miss being able to visit family on long weekends.  I'll keep you posted if we hear anything on Friday.  (crossing fingers)

9 comments:

Cory said...

I am so excited for you to find out! I know the feeling of being in limbo but I am unsure how it feels to have that certainty knowing will bring. I guess I have to wait my turn patiently, only one more year!

Kellie said...

Oh the excitement and the nervousness. I love your attitude though. Hugs for you!

Corinne said...

Oh MAN. Those waits are so horrible. I hope you know soon!!

Jenni said...

I hope you find out soon too!!! Waiting is no fun!!

Brenda said...

Oh, that is so hard to wait! I will keep you in my prayers. I am sure you will go somewhere that's right for your family. (:

Tracy said...

Oh, I hope you get to be close to family or to us. Can't wait to find out. Good luck!

Anonymous said...

man, tough spot to be in, but you're right, He will take care of you!

Holly said...

Sheesh!! That "not-knowing" feeling drives me crazy. What are the places you are interested in?? HMMMmm....Okey?? Ya, that sounds great!!!

Amber said...

I hope you have news soon!! Maybe tonight. Good Luck. Hey thanks for coming last night :-)