Monday, December 29, 2008

Christmas 2008

We had the pleasure have having my dad with us again this Christmas.  It's fun to have a Grandparent around to help keep things fresh.  We had him wrapping and wrapping many a night, and shopping and babysitting.  Poor Grandpa, but I think he had fun anyway.
This year we all got stripy pj's.  I thought they looked fun... but not as Christmasy as I usually do.  I think next year we'll go back to Christmasy.
The kids always love to have matching clothes.  It is a very fun tradition.  That and the Christmas Dresses, I love to match them up.  BTW, no pictures of the Christmas outfits yet because Tori some how lost her little cardigan that matches the dresses, so I didn't want to take pictures with out it.  As soon as I find it, I'll take pictures.

Everyone got everything they wanted AND more for Christmas.  They must have been very good this year.  
Here is Alex getting his Bakagon holder.  His Christmas this year was all about Bakagon and Spy gear.  Thank you to Grandmas and Grandpas and Aunties and Cousins.  All the kids Loved all their gifts!!!
Liza was THRILLED with her Christmas!  She got a new IPOD!  She is so thrilled to have one that plays games and movies.  She is already, (3 days after Christmas) grounded from her Ipod, for playing games in bed instead of listening to "sleepy music".  *stinker*  She also got a lot of earrings, bracelets, necklaces, and clothes.  She was extremely excited with her High school Musical Dolls, I must admit, they are very cool.
As you can see, Tori was quite happy with her Puppy.  It grows and knows your name.  Her puppy's name is Snowflake.  She got a TON of craft stuff.  Tori loves to paint, and glue and color.  She has been crafting up a storm, but I am sure she will do more when the big kids go back to school, and she no longer has Liza here to dream up "games" to play.  She also got the Bye Bye Chou Chou, which she loves too.
Katie was TRILLED with her Dora house.  She has played with it almost non stop since Christmas.   As she goes to bed at night she reassures herself that she will be able to play with the Dora house in the morning when she wakes up.    Her catch phrase this Christmas was "Anoder Present!!! FOR MEEEEEE???"  She was SO incredibly cute.   What on earth do you do when you don't have a little wee one like that to keep things fresh?  Oh we just loved watching her!  She got a TON of Dora stuff, and princess stuff.  She also got Tinker-bell stuff, a cute Tink Doll and a water baby.
As you can see in this last Photo, we have Cyrus (Jeri's Dog) here with us for Christmas again this year.  And Chinook wanted to get in on the festivities but was scooted out of the room by Brent.  As you can see by the look on his face, he is getting scolded by Brent who is sitting camera right.  :-) LOL, poor dog.

I was absolutely spoiled  I shouldn't receive gifts for like 3 years!!  I got everything for my camera that I have been drooling over.  I am excited to learn about these new toys and get good with them.  Opening up some new doors.  Then come spring, I'll be back out side.  It was a great Christmas.  

We feasted, and were so excited to sit down and eat that we didn't even take a picture!  Brent made a full batch of Frog Eye Salad and the kids don't like it.  I think that it's pretty good, as does my dad, but Brent LOVES the stuff.  So he ate frog eye salad for DAYS trying to finish it up before it went bad.  He is almost done.  Too funny.  (he was sick yesterday... maybe that is why, maybe it wasn't a bug at all)

We spent the day hanging around and trying to catch up with lost sleep from the night before.  I hope you all had a very Merry Christmas.  Thank you to all who sent gifts and Christmas cards. We feel so loved and blessed!

10 comments:

tracey said...

Looks like a fun day. LOVE Katie's comments. What a cutie. What is this frog eye salad you keep talking about??

Tracy said...

What a great Christmas you had! Your kids look soooo happy with all their presents. And I love your matching pj's! Such an adorable family!

tracey said...

and... how'd you fit a tree in your living room??

Becca at Motherhood "perfected" said...

What great pictures! It looks like you guys had a very happy Christmas!

Jann said...

What a fun Christmas you had. You look so cute in your matchy pj's. Kids make is so fun. Merry Christmas.

Corinne said...

I love that you have a family picture by the tree!! SO cute and matchy - I love it :) What a great day - can't wait to see some pictures with your new gear!!

Jenni said...

I love your stripey pjs!! Cute!! Sounds like you guys had such a fun Christmas!! Yay for your new camera stuff - that's awesome!:)

Cami said...

Wonderful pictures. OH those expressions! Love the cute jammies. How people get EVERYONE to match . . .

Tara said...

What a great Christmas photo with all of you in your pj's how cute is that!! You have such a fun family. :-)

Vanessa said...

Our kiddos have those same jammies!!! But, us parents don't fit in the sizes they offer :(