I somewhat expected the Army to be stupid about all this moving business, but as always they've out done themselves. In Brents meeting with them today they retracted their comment that we would not be sent to one of the small hospitals in some po-dunk town. They are now almost guaranteeing that we WILL be assigned to a small hospital! That means that all 3 of our top picks are OUT! No Tacoma, No DC, and No San Antonio. My worst nightmare would be being sent to El Passo, or Georgia. (Just for the record so you can all cry with me when I get sent there!) I can't even imagine being sent to some little tiny town and then have Brent over seas. Anyone who knows me even a tiny bit knows that I am a "goer" I will DIE if left somewhere where there is no where to go. Next year I will have 3 kids in school, I can't just pick up and go home while he is called up (like I wish I could). ARG. It is so hard for me to have faith in times like this. I want so badly to be in control. Another of my personality traits: Controlling. I just wish that the army could at least give us a straight story. You know.... I didn't expect a verdict today, or even so much as a narrow down (although i hoped for that), but I wasn't prepared for a full sweep of all our choices (to be told "NO") and a flop in what kind of place we thought we were headed for. The commander (or whatever he is) gave Brent a reason for no Tacoma, and did leave a little hope there... of well... if...., but we got an absolute No on DC. Looks like we are almost defiantly leaving. :-( How am I going to do this deployment with out you all?... aw, now I'm going to bawl. :-( I was so holding on to that hope. Crap, it's so real all of a sudden. Thanks to Jeri for my back ground music right now, as I type, playing in the back ground, (slightly softer then the sound of arguing children) "God Will Take Care Of You" Plumb.
Be not dismayed what e'er be tide
God will take care of you
Beneath His wings of love abide
God will take care of you
God will take care of you
Through every day, o'er all the way
*He will care for you*
God will take care of you
Through days of toil when heart doth fail
God will take care of you
When dangers fierce your path assail
Find More lyrics at www.sweetslyrics.com
God will take care of you
God will take care of you
Through every day, o'er all the way
He will care for you
God will take care of you
God will take care of you
Through every day, o'er all the way
He will care for you
God will take care of you
:-(
Friday, December 5, 2008
YoYo
Posted by Christie at 4:20 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
11 comments:
Flip flop is a bugger!! You will do fine where ever you land. Just another part of the adventure :D It's not forever.
The Army is LAME. I'm so sorry that you're getting jerked around.
Oh Christie I am hurting for you. You have an amazing ability to make friends though and I know you'll be able to handle whatever is in store. You'll be in my prayers.
It helps to process and speak your fears. Now they're out in the light of day. This is hard stuff and you'll be in my thoughts and prayers, friend.
I can not comment.
I am in denial.
(I am glad you bought the whole cd.)
Man, this really stinks. I am sure it is very hard to not have control.
oh, i'm sorry! i can't imagine what it would be like to be dictated to like that about where you'll be living. it would be HARD for me too. let's hope they change their minds???
Christie, I am sorry about your latest news. I know how hard it is to be in limbo like that. It sucks too when you don't get your choice. Just keep the faith that the Lord will send you where you are supposed to be. And knowing you it will end up being one of the best places you've been. And this too shall pass. You guys are awesome you'll do well anywhere.
I am feeling that for you, my girlfriend just got her husband back from over seas and life was very lonely for her. I'm hoping that they give you a great place with lots of friends there to support you. I think we all need that.
Ooh friend. I'm glad we got to chat about this in person the other night :)
E.T. come home
Post a Comment