This weekend was my much awaited gals trip up to PA. We headed up on Friday at about 3 and would you believe that we hit traffic?!?! Don't these people have jobs! :-) We were 5 women on a mission. At the time we had Jeri, Cassandra, Christina, myself and Scarlet (oh yeah, and Simone) all in Jeri's van. We had a great time chatting and listening to the Twilight sound track all the way up to York. When we arrived we went to our beautiful Hotel (thanks again Scarlet), where we had 2 rooms. We dumped our stuff and headed out for dinner and some shopping. We ate at Chillies (mmmm, so western egg rolls), we had such a blast chatting and laughing. While we were at Chillies Kellie caught up with us (she had some responsibilities that had to be taken care of before she could skip out with us, so she drove up all alone :-( ) . After dinner we had about an hour of shop time left so we ran excitedly over to Christmas Tree Shop. We ran about grabbing the CUTEST product for the cheapest prices ever!! We got to be quit good pals with the manager and the night shift workers since we were by FAR the last people out of the store. It was SO fun!! Then we headed back to the Hotel for some more chatter and tomfoolery. We laughed so hard that my stomach hurt the next morning. We laughed so hard we cried... and truly is there anything more refreshing then that?
A midnight run to Wal-mart to get some hint of lime tostitos, turned into an hour long excursion for Christina and I, where I did a little Christmas shopping. I will never forget Christina's GIANT bag of Chex mix, or Cassandras HANDY DANDY travel shampoo. :-) Oh, such good times! We headed to bed at 3 am, and there was some little chatter till about 3:30! CRAZY GIRLS
Here is the crew in the morning, just outside of the hotel. We also had some tender moments where mommies shared their heart felt feelings. Oh, soup for the soul. It was everything that I needed. We took our time getting ready in the morning and then went down and tried to figure out how we were going to get all our junk home. :-)
Here are some of the gals trying to strategize... the conclusion... Kellie and Cassandra had to leave early, we would put all the overnight bags in Kellies car, then we would have more room for all our stuff!! :-)
So this is a quick shot of car number one that we all sent home.
Cassandra got a make over from Scarlet, and the wind was blowing just right so we had to snap some shots. I have another one that I think I may like better, but I'll put that up later. Doesn't she look so beautiful?!?! You should have seen her in her pink coat later on at the outlet mall!! :-) We all crowded around her change room (6 of us) telling her to buy this pink coat because it looked SO great on her! Anyway, once we got the car thing figured out, we headed to Panara for Lunch.. Yes, I am going to tell you ever place that we ate because that was part of the excitement of it all.... eating hot peaceful meals, where the only bladder you have to worry about is your own. :-) After yummy lunch, we met up with Barbara who drove down for the Sat. portion of the weekend!! We all hit the outlet mall in Lancaster for the rest of the afternoon. When we were all together there were 7 of us, and it was a blast!! I had to laugh at us, as we were in the Levis store, trying on clothes right by the rack. Most of us had on layers, so we were slipping tops on and off, right there in the store... I am sure we looked ridiculous, but it sure was fun! There were a few drop down dragum out's over some Hats, but for the most part we all got along, and sometimes bought some matching stuff.
At around dinnertime we drove through sonic to get Cherry Limeades and then headed back down to York to finish the Christmas Tree Shop. Yup, I said finnish... WE needed a few more hours in there. I think all total we spent over 3 hours in there, and I wasn't board, not for one second!! It was this trip to the Christmas Tree Shop that made getting home really fun... Christina and Barbara bought some furniture, but it all fit in. (thank heavens Barbara came with an empty car) Here is the van after all was said and done!


Happy shoppers.... Barbara, Christina, Scarlet, Jeri and Simone (who btw was an absolute ANGEL the entire time! Thanks BABY!) I unfortunately don't have a picture of Barbaras car, but trust me, it was looking a lot like this too. :-)
They kicked us out of the store at 10:00, and we were all hungry so over to Longhorn we went! Yumm, stake at 11:00 pm?!?! Oh, but it was so fun again. Great food, great pals, great conversation.
We headed home pooped right out and happy as can be. We had a great time! We arrived back in town at about 2, but we had to divide the goods, so we all didn't get back to our respective homes until 2:30! It was such a great trip. I needed this weekend so badly!!! Thank you to all the husbands who took over! And Thanks girls for a great trip. What a ball
We headed home pooped right out and happy as can be. We had a great time! We arrived back in town at about 2, but we had to divide the goods, so we all didn't get back to our respective homes until 2:30! It was such a great trip. I needed this weekend so badly!!! Thank you to all the husbands who took over! And Thanks girls for a great trip. What a ball
12 comments:
What a fun trip! SO love Christmas Tree Shop and miss it!!
What fun.
WOW! Looks like some serious shopping. Glad you all had fun.
What can I say? That's some serious shopping :)
Oh my goodness...it was soooo cool reading about the weekend and reliving it all over again! You HAD to go there with the chex-mix and the travel shampoo! :)
You are the best Girl's-Weekend-Planner EVER! This was defenitely one to remember!
You all look beautiful! Fun stuff. Glad you had lots of fun shopping!
What a great weekend! That is some serious shopping. I'll bet the slumber party part was the best!
That sounded like such a FUN time!!!
BTW I can't wait for the midnight showing of Twilight tonight!!! I hope you gals have a great time!!
i'm so glad you got a nice weekend away. it's refreshing, isn't it?
Thanks for including me-it will live in my heart as a treasured memory!
Girl time is so necessary, combined with shopping and a good laugh is perfect. Glad you had some R and R.
That looks SO fun!!! I miss all of the cool shopping spots in PA!! It's awesome that you have such a fun group of girls to go!
Post a Comment