Monday, November 10, 2008

Are You Serious!?!?

So today was not too crazy of a day... well yeah, it kind of was, but I think I took the whole day in pretty good stride.  After teaching at the gym this morning,  and being told by more people to go to the Dr to have my legs looked at (everyone thinks I'm going to die)  :-).  I came home and quickly shoveled lunch into the girls and sent Tori off to school.  Ahh, I would have the whole day to do laundry and clean my storage room.   LOL!!!!  I decided to spend a little time with Katie before her nap, but that got interrupted by a very excited phone call from Andrea regarding her visit here next week.  We had a lovely chat that had katie up past her nap time.  When I did get her up to go to bed, she wanted to sleep in Alex's bed.  I told her that if she stayed in the bed she could.  Well she stayed on the bed, and even stayed laying down, but she didn't go to sleep.  While she was trying a guy from Terminex showed up to do a complimentary Termite inspection.  I knew he was coming, but had forgotten up until I saw him standing in my door way.  I apologized all the way down the stairs because I was taking him into the absolute worst room in my house.  This room has been on the to do list for weeks, and that is how I was planning to spend my afternoon.  Oh dear, he had to climb over stuff, and shimmy around....  Oh it was so embarrassing.  He assured me that he has seen worse, but I just felt so stupid watching him trip over our crap.  Luckily though he found no signs of termites.  :-)  But did you know that there are 2 termite colonies in every acre of land?  Yes...  Did you know that they can eat your whole house in 2 weeks!!!  (just kidding, but he pulled out all the scary termite stories)

Anyway, after he left, I went up to check on Katie.  Still awake!  Oh dear, the kids will be home in 20 minutes, So I put her in her own bed.  She fell asleep at 3:20.  Right before the kids came home!  Crazy girl.  We had a Family Home Evening tonight w/o Brent as he HAD to go to dinner at "The Rusty Scupper" for work.  Poor soul.  So we did an FHE on Why we love daddy, and we gave him a heart attack on his bed.  The kids all wrote reasons why they love him.  One of my favorites was because when he took their order at mcdonals, which was chicken nuggets, fries, and chocolate milk, he called it back to them and said "chicken nuggets and Chocolate fries for both of you then."  They thought that was pretty funny.  Mostly the mentioned all the things that he does with them, games and songs and stuff.  It was fun to see them come up with things.  After FHE is when things broke down.  At some point Liza was under Alex's bed and came out and knocked a drink over.  Alex was pretty ticked off about this, and snuck off  filled a glass with water and dumped it all over her bed. (we discovered this when Liza went to bed at 8:30, then i had to play detective to figure out why her bed was wet ALL over!)  Back to while they were still awake.  While getting Katie ready for bed, Liza was climbing the walls in my hall way upstairs... yes, I said climbing the walls,  (The girl literally climbs the walls, despite the fact that she has gotten in trouble for it, she continues to do it.  )  In the midst of her climbing she somehow kicks Alex.... we still don't know where she kicked Alex because his story changed 3 times!!!  What the heck!! ?!?   He came wailing down the stairs that she kicked him in the face, ON PURPOSE (that is his big line!)  So I go up stairs a few minutes later and he is chanting behind me, "ground her... ground her!!"  So I try to find out about the intentions of the kick, and then the story unfolds into that it was a kick in the shoulder.   Then being caught in his variance of his tale, he switches it to neck... yeah, it was the neck, right here under the chin!  LOL  Oh brother.  So Liza got in trouble for climbing the walls, and Alex was mad that I cared more about the walls then his face/shoulder/chin.  :-)  Then i go to tuck Tori in and find yet another one of my lip-glosses in her bed.  She has taken these before, and gotten in trouble, and here she was hiding yet another.  Apparently my "trouble" that they are getting into, isn't enough, cuz I am noticing as I am typing this that all this behavior (except the water)  is repeated offenses.  (HUMMM....)  Anyway, so for being humiliated in front of the Terminex guy, being told that my days are numbered, finding out that one child is a thief, another a malicious sneak, the third a disobedient monkey, and forth, and almost worst of all, is giving up her naps, I think I dealt with the day rather well.  :-)  Oh what fun

5 comments:

Jared - Christina said...

Why am I not surprised about Liza climbing the walls? And Alex wanting her to get grounded for kicking him? :) LOL!! What a day!

tracey said...

I can so TOTALLY picture all of your kids pulling that off. Each their own personality. Too funny (for me)xD What are the words to that country song??? "You're gonna miss this... " :-)

Tracy said...

Quit trying to distract us with all the kids stuff so we forget about your legs -- go to the doctor!!!!

Cami said...

Wow! What a day. I love the kicking in the (insert upper body part here). Yay for no termites at least!

Barbara said...

This sounds much funnier than when we were on the phone and it was happening:) My poor mom had kids that did all these things and much more...Ahhh...the memories:)