Monday, September 1, 2008

Calaway Park

A PICTURE POST.  ALL PHOTOGRAPHY CREDIT TO MY DEAR SISTER.  She was deemed the photographer for the day.  We kind of spilt the kids by age groups and assigned an adult to each group.  Tracey got to float between groups and grab photos.  :-)  It was a very fun day! 

We always start with the big eggs.  I don't know why, but we do.  And EVERY ONE can go on the eggs.  However, I took Katie on this year and I was feeling a little woosy after.  (what is wrong with me?)  Why does that happen? Katie wasn't impressed AT ALL!  She managed to not scream the whole ride, but I am sure that it was only because I was sitting with her.  Above:  Liza, Elise and Samantha having a rocking time!!!  Whoo hoo!
Here are my Dad, Tori and Abby.  We had such a good time.
Liza is finally big enough for all the "big rides".  She loves the dare devil ones.  She really really wanted to go on Chaos this year.  Here she is waiting in line.  A little anxious.

All Buckled in.  ( I love these pictures.  :-) )
Just starting to go......
All done!!!!  I think she liked it!! :-)  I don't know how many times they went on, but it was lots.
Tori and Abby on the kiddie bumper cars.  I was impressed by Toris ability to actually control the little car.  They went on this one a few times too.  SO cute!
The wonderful thing about Calaway park is that you rarely stand in line more then one round of the ride.  The Boats are always a long line though.  They kids waited though, and had a good time.  
Closest boat: Samantha and Ethan, next boat back in orange: Liza, furthest boat:  Alex and grandpa.  
The boys loved this scrambler thing.  They went on it over and over and over.  This was my favorite ride back in the day too!  I can't handle it now... well once around maybe, but not much more then that.
Aren't they cool?  Yeah, real studs!  :-)  LOL
They had a little boat, it was pretty cool.  Just right for the little gals.  They were also WAY cool and didn't hold on.  :-)  Tori and Abby went on a lot of rides.  I went with them on as many as I could stomach, which wasn't many.  
Calaway also offers a little show, this time was fairy-tale idol.  Tori was funny.  She told me "that's not the REAL  Snow White like at Disney Land, right mom?  She's just a girl dressed up like Snow White. "   How funny.
Here is Katie doing about the only doing she did that day.   Katie didn't want to go on or do anything.  She would stand in line as though she was going to go, and then she would chicken out at the end.  :-(  I didn't push her, I didn't want it to become a show.  She just sat in her stroller and I kept offering her fun.
"the big kids" after the Gravitron.  For some reason Kevin is not effected by the spinning.... he rides all these crazy rides with the kids.  We really appreciate Kevin being willing to ride with the kids.  In this picture:  Ethan (front), Liza (orange shirt), Elise (ball cap), Samantha (red) Kevin (Gray)  ... his shirt, not his hair.  :-)  LOL!! HE HE.

It was another busy day, but oh so full of fun.  I ALWAYS enjoy the Calaway park day.  Great fun.

3 comments:

Tricia said...

It looks like alot of fun, something funny I have never been to calaway I lived there and all but never have gone. I am thinking that I need to put it on the list of todo's next year!!!!

Jeri said...

Yes, Tori that isn't the real Snow White! Funny!

I love the picture of Liza with her thumbs in the air. I can hear her say "YA!".

Cami said...

Looks like great fun! I LOVE the kids expressions on the rides.