Ah the year of lasts. :-( This marks the Last of 3 years of Renaissance Festival attendance. I love going! The first year we took the kids.... Kind of a crazy decision, we learned that renn. fest. is much more fun as an adult/older kid activity.
The day starts with a little performance outside the gate before the King and Queen ride in.
Many people dress up. Brent and I are both quite fond of the Medieval period, more so the design and clothing of the time then the culture. In a world where we have millions of dollars I think our home would be decorated with large chunky furniture, high backed chairs, and swords.
This year we decided to cough up the cash and get some costume pieces. (we sure hope we go somewhere that has a Renaissance Festival near by) I have ALWAYS wanted a corset, so I wore an outfit that I thought I could put a Corset over. Here I am feasting on my Turkey Leg (a traditional Renn. Fest. treat). It was SO yummy!
And yes, that is Brent in a Kilt!! I think that he has ALWAYS wanted one, and he was wearing a flames base ball cap, so we had to get him a nice Tam to go with his new skirt. (and no, to answer your question.) LOL. We had a great time, and so did the kids. They love to have a babysitter and when we do this long day away we like to time it so that our dear friends the Tidwells go on the same day. We make sure to hire sitters that are friends, so they all get together and play. What fun.
11 comments:
You both look so cute. I can't wait to return the festival soon. Looks like you had a lo to fun.
Serious fun. I love your costumes. I have wanted to buy one for so long. I'm glad you did it and had such a great time.
You are quick! We had such a fun day. I don't think the weather or the company could have been better!
Seriously, that corset looks great on you :) And I think Clint would rather die than wear a kilt.
That looks like fun! You look lovely!
That is awesome!! I didn't know you were such fans. Love the corset.
This looks way fun! I've always wanted to go to one. Nice outfits!
Wow that is pretty fun! I love that you got Brent to get all dressed up with you that is awesome. You seriously do look great I love you eating your turkey leg!
Awesome!! I think it's so great that you guys got all dressed up - you're playtrons! Did you have cheesecake on a stick?? I miss the MD Ren Fest!!
Oh, I want to go! I love you corset. I want one of those. We could wear them on a girls' night out. So fun. You look great!
I love it, it looks like way tooo much fun!!!
Post a Comment