This summer, my house was so clean. We started a system in our house where I spilt the house into zones and each child was responsible for a different zone each week. The kids spent the whole summer showing "zone pride" and earning points. There are many aspects to this program, but for the sake of telling this story, the kids had to earn 20,000 points to get this party at the end of summer. Each child was aloud to invite a few friends and their families to join us. We wish we could have invited all our friends, but it was big enough as it was with just a few friends each! THEY DID IT, they earned the points, so here are pictures from the BASH!! CREDIT FOR PHOTOS GOES TO CAMI TURPIN. Thank you Cami for being the Photographer, I was far to busy to get out a camera. :-)
Tori and Natalia Snuggling up after a dip in the cold pool.
(I spent the majority of the day looking for a connector to attach the hose to the sink, no luck = cold pool)
The FOAM Machine was a huge hit!! It apparently uses lots of power though and it blew my breaker once, and kept shutting itself off.
Like I said the pool was cold, but the kids had fun taking a quick dip to get off the suds.
Slip and Slide was fun too. I heard it was pretty fast if you were covered in Foam.
I just love the light in this one. He loved trying to look like "Abraham Lincoln"
Foamy girls. So cute! (Ashley and Alissa)
What fun! This is Hyrum (one of Alex's pals from church)
CHOW TIME!!
WE went through 32 hot dogs, a bag of Doritos, a bag of Cheetos, 20 Capri Suns, about 5 lbs of Grapes, and one giant plate of Mendy's YUMMY IN MY TUMMY COOKIES. (the kids were lucky that I would share!!)
All in all the party was fun, my kitchen looked like my deck by the end of it all. I think that we have recovered rather well. The kids were pleased with themselves for earning the party and are working towards a Christmas party. This one will be scaled down a bit since it has to happen in my house. :-) Crossing my fingers that they want to keep going and earn their next party. :-)
10 comments:
I love it when the system works and there is SUCCESS! It looks like such a fun time. Congrats to the kids and you!
That looks like fun!!! I'm thinking of an end of summer party here tonight..minus the foam machine and slip and slide...just summer food!:)
I LOVE THE FOAM!! and Success I think is understatement, I would have loved to be in there with the the kids, way to much fun.
Mackenna has been asking me all day when we can go to your house again. She thinks the party is still going on!
It was great fun for all the kiddies. Thanks for hosting. Next time I'll make a double batch of cookies, okay?
mmmmm mendy's cookies. Oh, you gotta have em!
YAY! It was lots of fun, and I'm glad you liked some of the pictures. My kids could not stop talking about the fun time they had. Tell your kids they're great for working toward that!
Looks like you all had a super fun time :)
You amaze me! Great party, and great job getting those kids to work all summer!
(Thanks for taking my kids too.)
That foam thing is way cool! Looks like it was a big hit! Fun day!!
You are such a fun mom and what a great idea!! The pictures were awesome and man it looked like a ton of fun.
Amber
Post a Comment