I've decided that it is time to be done blogging my trip to Canada. The kids started school over 2 weeks ago, and i still haven't done that post.... So this is it. Canada '08...... The final post:
One day while we were there, the kids built play houses out of these boxes from my mom's new table and chairs.






Tori and Abbys house.

Liza and Elise's pad.

Only a Grandma would let you pick the annuals in her yard!! Can you imagine MY reaction if they picked MY flowers!

Grandma and all the Grand kids. :-) I went and hid in the house so that Katie would take this picture. She was really clingy and wouldn't be in group pictures unless I was in them, holding her.

My dad turned 60 this year. He spent his birthday traveling for business, so that kind of sucked. For his birthday we tricked him into thinking that we were doing a party for Liza and then surprised him with a cake that said Happy Birthday Grandpa!! The kids were excited.
For his gift we asked Kevin to take portraits of each child. Then we matted and framed them. Here are some shots from the portraits.




While we at it we mooched a family photo off of Kevin too. (hey thanks Kevin!) WE had to travel a bit for this one. This is in front of the Alberta, Cardston Temple. In the SHORT time that Brent was able to join us, we took some tours around Southern Alberta.
I think that the kids favorite part was the Quad out a Kevin's' Mom and dads house. But on this little trip, we squeezed in visits with Grandma's again, and a quick stop in to visit an old friend from High School Gord, and his wife Angel and their 3 children. It was so fun to visit with them. Gord joined the church when we were in high school, and has gone on to serve a mission and marry in the Temple. It is really neat to see him now, a full fledged Mormon Daddy. :-) We crashed in Cardston for one night and then headed up to Waterton for the day. Oh how I love Waterton. The Deer run the town, so it is kind of weird how they just lay out on peoples lawns, but still SO COOL! I don't have photos of that ready yet, but I do have photos from an trip to Elbow falls to share. The thing that I LOVE about nature in Canada, is that the water is crystal clear. You can see right through it!
MY feet are in the water... if you look really close you can kind of see how the water is covering the top of my foot. My toes are under the water. (this was taken with my feet in Waterton Lake, for the sole purpose of sharing with you how clear the water is.)Not muddy, not mossy, just pebbles on the bottom. Even in the lakes.

Elbow Falls

Mini Falls
(these photos were a lesson from kevin on Tripods and shutter speeds)
I love the look of these.
We also spent a day at Heritage Park. We had a ball, and I took a ton of photos which I haven't even gotten to, and not tonight. You'll have to wait for those.
We had the pleasure of a visit with our DEAR friends the Lee's Family. I started baby sitting for this Family 17 + years ago. A lot has happened, but we have stayed in really good contact. Their daughter Victoria (Tori) is very dear to me. I loved being with her and playing with her, and then as I got older, I would come and take her out just for fun instead of for $. When she was 3 I met Brent, and we took her to the zoo one day. This family has been like a second home to me. They've loved me unconditionally (even though I had WAY more kids then they thought I should. :-)) They've taken to Brent and all my monsters, and have every year (that we've been home) invited us over to play and catch up. If you've had "fire house" burgers at my house, this is where they came from. Anyway. We had a lovely visit with them, and MaryBeth spoiled the kids once again. This time they got backpacks, lunch boxes, purses, dress and Stickers and pencils etc. They were all very excited.

Here is my "Big Tori" and my "Little Tori"
MMMWWAA! Smooches.
A trip to Calgary just wouldn't be complete with out some "Bucket Rain" with Reece. Liza has been playing with Reece for years and years. She asked me what the odds were that she might marry Reece. He has a very magnetic personality. He is so funny and such a cute kid. Oh, I've just loved him from when they were a lot younger. Anyway, here is some shots of the water fight that always follows a good game of bucket rain.
And Finally, one last picture. I took a whole suit case full of photography stuff. I have so many little images floating around in my head, I just need time to put them all on film. I had such a blast shooting with "Keven" . He is a wonderful photographer and has taught me a TON! Thank you!
'Till next time EH?
7 comments:
Great post and not just because it mentions me so much.
I had so much fun shooting and talking photoshop with you. It's too bad we couldn't have more time so I could have showed you the crazy photoshop stuff.
Awesome! I love all the pictures, I can't believe that water, and that kid looks like he'll grow up to be a hunk! It looks like you really made the best of your time there.
that last photo is great. wow. looks like a great time.
WoW WOW WOW!! Seriously I just can't stop looking at all these pictures. Your kids are beautiful and those pictures of the falls and water holy cow. I can't believe it is real. I wanted to blow your family picture up bigger but I am sure it was great. You are amazing.
Amber
I love the cardboard boxes! What a fun way to pass the afternoon.
All the kid portraits are awesome! I love, love the family portrait on the temple lawn with the chair!
What great pictures and great memories! So glad you had such a great time. That last picture is amazing!
Post a Comment