Yes, that's right, we're potty training around here. Have been for 11 days. She has the pee part down. She had that down the day we started. She has only had ONE accident with pee, and it was on day one! From then on, she's had it "under control". The poop, well that is another story. Poor girl. I can't figure out what the deal is. Through some coaxing through roll play with barbies and Strawberry shortcakes, I've discovered that she is scared. Of what? I don't know. I've tried to dig it out of her, but nothing. She changes the subject, and I can't get out of her why it is scary. She was scared to pee in the potty at the beginning too, but a little barbie roll play, and she was fine, but it doesn't seem to be working for the poop. In the past 11 days, she will only poop ever 3 days, and the 24 hours before the poop, she is on and off of the potty 100's of times. She cries out every 15 minutes and says "oh, I can't walk". That is Katie code for "I need to poop," She has told me during these 24 hours stints that her tummy hurts, and after going she notices that her tummy feels all better. I think it shouldn't be too long until she "gets it".
Wednesday, September 17, 2008
Potty Training
Thank heavens that so far this year Alex hasn't had an issue with the potty at school :-) Hurray for that! HOWEVER..... I did get a call from his Math teacher yesterday that informed me of 3 homework assignments that were not turned in. I was pretty steamed until he came home and talked his way out of it. Well he did loose his TV for a week, and had to spend last night doing the work, but as it turns out. He was negligent in handing one in on time, so she told me that it was late (blaming me, not a neglectful 7 yr old who didn't bother turning it in when he was told to), one of the assignments looked just like the one she gave them the day before, so he assumed that he had already done it, and didn't bother bringing it home, and the last one, was him forgetting his homework on his desk in the math classroom and then not bringing it home. So really, not that big of a deal, but boy was she ever ready to put that brand new 2nd grader IN HIS PLACE!. We had a big talk about being more responsible, and making sure you know what is going on in the class room. (Alex sometimes tents to space out and not even notice that he shares this planet with anyone, well maybe with the people who make doughnuts, but just him and the doughnut maker then. :-))
Liza is doing so well, she is coming home and doing her homework so speedy every night. She is loving being the responsible one lately. They have her doing some volunteer work at school and she loves that she is like a "teacher assistant" in art with the Kindergarten class. Liza always runs better when she feels like she is needed.
Tori is absolutely loving preschool. She feels so big and grown up. She has made quick friends with a little girl named Katie, and she loves that Natalia and Eli are there too. She told me one day, "If 'talia is sick, then i can play with Eli, and if Eli is sick then I can play with 'talia, and if 'talia and Eli are sick then I can play with Katie, but if they are ALL sick, then I will just have to make another friend." Good plan I think. :-)
Posted by Christie at 1:16 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
Yes, she would say that to me. She would go #1, and while we were washing has she would say, "it's not scary." I would laugh and joke "no, going potty is not scary, going potty is easy!" I didn't know she was referring to poop! =) Sweet girl. I hope she gets over her fear soon!
good luck, this time passes so quickly when I look back, I thought it was never going to end. She really is a sweet looking girl and I am glad to hear that everyone else is happy back to school.....
Oh poor Katie. I hope the fear doesn't last too long.
Wow. That teacher is hard core. I hope #2 gets easier soon :)
Oh, poor Katie. I hope she loses her fear soon. Homework stresses me out. I ask the kids a zillion times if they did their homework, put it int their folder...I'm quite the nag. Good luck!
I love the "i can't walk" comment!
Love you guys
Good times. So glad to not ever do the potty training thing again.
that is a really cute picture. and what a cool friend to have - ones named katie are always the best.
I love that picture. I mean seriously look at that pretty little face. Her big eyes what a pretty!! She will do it I know she can.
Post a Comment