Take a little break from Vacation posts.... Here's one that has been in the works for some time...
... Brent's Grandma Wall had the funniest phrases, I want to remember these too...
"You couldn't swing a dead cat in here with out hitting someone."
"I'm so short, I'd have to stand on a piece of cigarette paper to kick a duck in the hind end."
"You could go clear to Huntington on this knife." (that meant the knife was dull)
" You could go clear to Price on the soles of my eggs."
... Brent's mom used to sing the prune song to my kids when they got out of the tub and had wrinkly toes
"No matter how young a prune may be he's always getting wrinkles, a baby prune looks just like his dad, only he's not wrinkled quite so bad. Now you get wrinkles on your face, but a prune gets wrinkles in every place. No matter how young a prune may be he's always getting stewed!"
... For years Brent has gotten the little kids out of the tub, and while they are all wrapped up in their towel he sings "How much is that baby in the window." including a flip over when he sings about the "waggly tail", and a zoom in close to the mirror as he sings in his lowest voice "I ..do.. hope.. that.. baby's.. for. .sale."
... Liza used to say "I nonano." for "I don't Know"
... When Alex was about 18 months old we went out for dinner at Chillies, as a special treat we got their Molten Lava Chocolate Cake to share. The waitress brought us the desert with 4 LONG milkshake style spoons. The desert was placed in the middle of the table, and we all dug in. Up until this point we knew Alex had pretty good control over a spoon, but we never knew just how good. That kid could slap that huge long spoon into that cake and drag it halfway across the table with out spilling a drop. At the end of it all I am SURE that he got his fair share, and there was not a drop on his face, or the table. This is just how much Alex LOVES chocolate! From then on we expected just a little more out of him when it came to spooning his lunch. :-) Alex has always been a really neat eater, not one to spill or leave a whole lot of crumbs.
...When asked who Martin Luther King is, Alex said "he is just this guy who kept saying... I have a dream, I have a dream, I have a dream."
... Katie always says "where are you?" when you put a shirt on her head. Then when her head pops through she says "there you are!" Even when she is crying about having to get dressed, she still does it. She will do it for each hand too.
... When Katie is on her way to sleep, she says in a sing songy voice "oh sue sue.... where are you!" and then will cheer "there it is!" when she finds it. (Sue Sue is her pacifier derived from the canadian name for a pacifier which is Soother)
... Alex has always had potty issues, when he was 3 he hated to poop, so you always knew when he needed to go because he would lay his head on the couch or a chair or something, and then he would stick his bum in the air and jump up and down. (I don't know if that helped shake it back in or what, but he did it almost every time. )
... Tori still (at age 4 1/2 ) thinks that the word stare is said scare. So she'll say, "why are you all scaring at me?" It is so funny!
... Katie calls sleeping beauty "Shakin' Booty." Some times "Stinkin' Booty." LOL!!
... Liza used to call studying "scuddying" So she would ask me "Mommy, is Daddy scuddying?"
... When Katie was barely over two if you said "You're silly, or you're funny, or you're awake..... " She would say, "No! I Katie!" :-)
6 comments:
Brent's grandma sounds like a real card. I wish you would have got video of the poop dance. You could still get video of the pacing in circles though couldn't you?... it's not too late... :D
What a fun memory post! I love the sayings at the beginning! My mom always says "you're crazier than a hoot-owl" and I love it!:) I also love that cute Katie says "where are you" when getting dresses - how adorable!:)
You are the queen of journal keeping. How great to have all those things documented!
Fun list. This is the essence of journaling for me-giving my poor brain a break and getting this precious stuff captured. Nice work.
The funny things kids say... definatly worth remembering!
Thanks for the reminder of Grandma's Wall sayings! The dead cat had me in stitches!
Post a Comment