Today I took off early in the am to teach water aerobics and then tried to go to borders on my way home and found that the line snaked back and forth in front of the register and then all the way to the back of the store and around the corner. It looked like the photos of the night of the Harry Potter release. It was nutso in there! I left my stuff and went to target to get cold medicine and come home. Traffic wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it would be. When I got home, I kicked the kiddos in the buns and we got chores done... Well they got chores done, the only rooms that are still a mess are the Kitchen and my room. Looks like no sleep for me tonight. After jobs were done Grandpa took us out to Mc Donalds, where Katie surprised me with the amount of food she ate and when she said she was done, she quickly pulled her little happy meal box down to peek inside for her toy. (I didn't know that she had been watching the other kids and seeing that this was the procedure) She has really been talking SO much lately, I am swiftly loosing my little baby. :-( Good thing I bought that dog! Anyway..... We got home and the kids wrapped their gifts for each other, and then they got together and sniffed and shook gifts for a while. We then broke out the gingerbread house kit (these things are so awesome, they make it SO incredibly easy and very low mess. JUST MY STYLE) The kids had a ball, they complained that Katie was eating all the candy, and I told them that I could stop her, but then she would scream and I would have to stop making the house and go and hold her somewhere else. The opted to let her eat some candy, but I think that they were trying to get those candies on there fast before Katie ate them all! It was a very fun afternoon. We finished the night off with Baths, and a trip to CiCi's Grandpa has never been there and he quite enjoyed the cinnamon rolls (Surprise surprise!! Those things ROCK!!!) We had a good night, got home late, so kids didn't get to bed till 10am.... Maybe they'll sleep in. Brent is on call tonight, so it would be nice to have an hour or so when he gets home in the morning before the kids get up and start needing stuff. :-) It was a fun day, I am so glad that my dad is here, he has been such a help, he ironed my mountain (and i mean mountain) of ironing, he has switched over and run more loads of laundry then I can count, and hauls heavy stuff up and down the stairs for me. He has kept my kids home when I have gone to the gym, and has watched kids while I have gotten so many little things done that needed to get done (especially getting my blood drawn, which was something my doctor ordered in JULY!! ) Thanks Dad. :-) Well I am off to wrap presents, get a jump on that Christmas Eve Chaos!
Saturday, December 22, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I am so glad you are having a great time with your dad. Crazy about the line. I do not like the shopping lines this time of year. I hope you have a very Merry Christmas.
Oh, that looks like a lot of fun. Cici's IS awesome!
I love the picture! That is a classic...especially the green bow on Alex's forehead. Sounds like a great day. Can I borrow your dad? I have some errands to run! :)
Oh, what a lovely day! I am glad your Dad has been such a great helper for you. He will have to come for all holidays, because he makes everything so much easier.
Katie is growing up so quickly! How and WHY does that happen?!
Post a Comment