I wanted to put some stories from years ago in print, so I decided to do it from my blog, so that when I print it, these stories will not be lost.
March 8th 2001
The other day for no known reason, Liza stood up on a stool and proclaimed "I am different!........ I am black." Where in the world did this come from? the only thing I can figure is she has a book called "No Red Monsters Aloud." That is about some blue monsters being mean to Elmo, and they talk about differences. But why she thinks she's black, I have no clue!
For some background, I have a bucket in the bathroom which I keep water and borax in (a tip from the queen of clean) In this bucket we soak training pants. Generally the bucket is kept in the tub when it is not in use. So this morning, I got out of the shower, put the bucket of soaking pants, some peed, some not, into the tub and went to my room to get dressed. As a general rule, ZU ZU is not aloud to go in the bedrooms, and she was out and running, so I closed my door. As I was dressing I could hear Liza gleefully laughing, and didn't think much of it. A few minuets later, I came out and looked in to see what was so much fun. In the bathroom. "Zu Zu have a bath" Liza squeals as she dunks the ferret over and over into the bucket of dirty pants and pee water! Poor Zu Zu is trying to catch her breath between dunks and then gets out of Liza's grasp and starts to run for it spreading water everywhere. I grabbed a camera and took a picture.
The other day I was getting Liza's bath ready, so she stripped down and started chasing Zu Zu around the house. She finally got her cornered and was straddled over her when she crouched down to pick her up. As she crouched she tooted, and then looked up at me in amazement and said "Zu Zu honked my bum!" Then she picked her up and took her in her room and then came out and shut Zu Zu in her room. I said "Liza, where is Zu Zu?" She said "I put her in my room." I asked why and she said, "Cuz she keeps honkin' my bum!"
Whenever we clean up the house Liza gets jobs to do, and usually she is a pretty good helper. Yesterday however, she showed us a little of what she is "Made of". Her job was to pick up the Crayons that she had dumped onto he floor earlier when she was coloring. She didn't think that she should have to do this and tried every trick in the book to get out of it. "Mommy, you do it." "Mommy help please." She even at one point chose to sit in time out rather then clean it up. For the first 20 min or so I kept trying to get her to pick them up, with threats and the like, but nothing was working so I just made it very clear that she was to do nothing else until she did her job. Two Hours and fifteen minuets later, she picked up her crayons. in that two hours, the crayons were 1/2 in the bucket over 4 times, they were used as drumsticks, and as the insides of her bucket maraca. She kept herself busy in that time and even took two potty breaks. Just a little Stubborn!
For a little background so the story makes sense, Liza insists on sleeping with a billion toys, and then gets out of her bed to play with other toys. Some nights she is up for and hour and a half to two hours. So in efforts to get her to stay in her bed, one night I told her that if she got out of bed I get to come in and pick a toy from her bed and take it with me. She understood what I said and stayed in her bed. This worked for two nights. Then on the third night Brent went in and took a toy and she tried to bargain with him to get him to take a toy that she didn't want as much. He took the bargain. Then she stayed in her bed. On the fourth night, mean old mom went in twice and wouldn't strike a deal with her so she cried about it. But we were happy with our success thus far because she was going to sleep faster and wasn't up and down so much. Then on the fifth night she threw us a curve ball, she came to the door with a payment. I heard her calling me and I could tell that she was at the door, when I came around the corner she was waving a toy out a small crack in the door. "Mommy, take a car" then later she called Brent, "Daddy take a lamb." A "Hall Pass" if you will. She was just letting us know that she was up and she chose what we could take as her punishment. It was too funny. Quite a Character this girl.
3 comments:
These were so funny! I could picture her saying some of these things NOW! How fun it would have been to see her so small.
Where were these written before?
Those are fun stories! It took me a minute to look at the date and figure out how little she was! What a fun flashback.
that's fun cause I remember you telling me that story about the "bargaining to get out of bed" story when we both lived in DSM! that's awesome.
Post a Comment