
Oh, how I love Christmas. I love the opportunity to spoil my kids, we don't have any set numbers of gifts for each one, so that usually results in over spending and the like. It is kind of crazy, but we try to keep things even. My grandmas and aunts and uncles send money, and I like to put a gift under the tree from them so that the children have something to hold in their hands and say, this is from Great Grandma Cook. I want my kids to know that their family that is far away is thinking about them too. This results in gift crazyness, but it is so fun! We also have very little order in the mornings. They do the stockings together, and they are excited to give their gifts to each other, but otherwise it is mostly paper flying and kids squealing. This year the reactions over the barbie doll house were fun. Liza just kept saying "oh my goodness." over and over. We put Chinook under the tree since he was a gift for the family from my Dad. Katie, who of course had no clue what all the colorful boxes were ran straight to Chinooks crate and kept saying "hi puppy, hi puppy, hi puppy." Like she does most mornings. She sure loves her doggie. The kids main gifts were, Liza: Doll house, I pod (brents old one, repaired and with her tunes on it) clothes, and boy bratz. Alex: Magnet set, and scooby doo stuff.

Tori: Doll house and baby in a bath tub.

Katie: Doll house and Baby that cries when you take out her pacifier. They got tons of other stuff, but those were the ones that they asked for the most. (Short of Alex and Liza requesting a robot that does everything that you tell it to do????) By listening to their conversations after Christmas, they are sure that the only reason they didn't get their robots is because they didn't give Santa enough time to build them. They are pretty sure that next year they will have given him enough notice that they should be able to get their robots that will clean their rooms for them. Maybe Santa will bring me one too.... I could use that. :-) This year for Brent, he got an I Phone among other things. I got a year membership at Massage Envy. That is a Massage every month for a year!!! Yipee! I love it. I also got a new Lens for my Camera, I am so excited to try it out. I got spoiled. We had a wonderful Christmas together. A fabulous traditional dinner of turkey and all the fixin's It was such fun!!! Merry Christmas to all!!
3 comments:
Look at all the presents under you tree!!! Holy cow!! What a great Christmas! :)
You got what I wanted! I'm in need of a good rub down! I hope to join you on some massage trips. I love that doll house! My girls will want it once they see it. Fun times!
I love Christmas too. It is fun to see all the presents. I love that someone else has crazy no rules Christmas morning. We pretty much do the same thing.
Post a Comment