
My dear friend Jeri uses the word "bliss" to describe those moments that you just wish could last forever. Now for me, these moments are few when all my kids are home, but today I had a moment of bliss. I was in the kitchen cooking dinner, Liza was upstairs doing homework, Katie was down for a nap, Alex and Tori were playing nicely together down stairs, and outside it was storming. As I listened to the thunder roll, and watched as the lights went dim and bright with the lightning, and heard the rain pounding down and over flowing the eves, I could feel the cool breeze come in through the open window and there was bliss. I ate up every moment of it! Feeling so grateful for my life. So happy to be here in Maryland, happy to have my 4 beautiful children and wonderful hard working husband. I wish that every day could have a moment like this. Thank you Jeri for giving me a word to define the moment, it makes it more tactile.
Monday, June 4, 2007
Bliss
Posted by Christie at 9:05 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Sounds wonderful! It's the best feeling in the world . I love that I have a name for it, because it seems like I notice those times more often.
(I, however, would not have called this a bliss moment....because I am terrified of thunder! =)
It is these wonderful moments that we live for, and help us get through the not so wonderful ones. I know exactly what you mean by this. Thanks for sharing.
Oh, those moments are so rare. Yay that you had one :)
I think I had that moment here at my house at the same time. I love when my kids are playing nicely together and I don't have to yell at them to turn off the TV, and I do love a good storm.
Post a Comment