Today I Wish I were a man......
............. they don't get bloated once a month,
............. they don't get cramps
............. they don't worry about every single thing they put in their mouths
............. when they exercise the weight falls off and the muscle tones up nice and firm
............. when their children see them they think Fun, not Food.
............. when they drive to and from work, it is in peace
............. when they eat lunch, it is in peace
............. they can lounge on the couch watching pointless television w/o much guilt at all
............. they do their hair in 2 seconds
............. they don't have to shave their legs (and other areas)
............. they don't have to pluck eyebrows or wear makeup
............. they don't worry about accessories
............. they don't plan meals
............. they don't make grocery lists
............. they don't pack for vacations
............. they don't change over the kids clothes every season
............. if they do dishes, clean a toilet, or wash a floor, the "hero cookies" showered down upon them in abundance. (positive reinforcements)
............. they don't feel that overwhelming guilt that a woman feels when she wants me time.
............. if they stink, it's no big deal, boys are supposed to stink. :-)
............. they don't endure labor
............. their nipples don't crack open and bleed
............. rarely do they get hemorrhoids
............. rarely do they get varicose veins
............. zits, not nearly as noticeable in a man.
............. being over weight is not nearly as gross (a man with a pot belly is not looked at by society as being as disgusting as a woman with one? am I wrong?)
............ Da da is easier to say then ma ma.
However................. I am glad that I am a woman
......... I get to buy pretty smelling things
......... I get to accessorize
......... I get to give life to another human being
......... I get to nurse off my baby weight (I am guessing this is why men don't loose that sympathy weight)
.......... My children love me and rely on me for the essentials of life
......... I get to play with different colors of make up and make myself look just a little different every day
........ I get to hear and see the kids do and say their firsts of everything.
........ I get to buy what looks yummy at the grocery store
........ I get to take my kids to the concert at the park
........ I am sure that there are many more..... It is tough sometimes, but I love being a mom and a wife, I do get jealous of the mans ability to let it all go and do what ever the heck he wants, but Some of that I am sure it my obsessive personality.
Wednesday, June 13, 2007
I wish.......
Posted by Christie at 8:56 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
This was so good Christie!! The eating lunch everyday in peace is the pivotal one for me! Can you even imagine - EVERYDAY! I remember totally taking that for granted before I had kids, but now that just sounds so lovely... :) Oh and "hero cookies" - that's so funny!!! Great list!!
Nice list. Makes me want to go punch a man.
(With my huge biceps...which exist only because of you. (my personal trainer!!))
You had some fun woman things too!
Good list!!
Post a Comment