This weekend some dear friends of ours came to stay for a day. We met in Des Moines during medical school, they are originally from Texas, and now live in Detroit. They were passing through this area to go to her brothers wedding and stopped to play with us for a day! We loved having them visit. They arrived at about 1:30 am on Sat morning, and the kids passed out all
over the house, and slept in a bit. We headed out to the Science Center in the morning where we got super lucky! They were having a little celebration and were giving out free drinks, balloon sculptures and face painting. There were not nearly as many people there as I thought there would be. We had a wonderful time. We also took them to the "Fudgery" (yum yum) and we walked up the inner harbor and went to ESPN Zone. I hated this part as I don't like arcades anyway, and they charge you an arm and a leg for every game. The only kind of arcade that I like is the nickle cade, and even then I think it is dumb to put your money into a machine. (however I spent $25 on fudge w/o batting an eye :-) ) We then came home where we ate pizza hut and then Cory (their mom) and I went shopping for a few hours. We got some good deals. It was a great time. The kids had a ball. They picked up right were they left off. They have so much fun together. Their children are so well behaved and well mannered it was a delight to have them come.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Thanks for your comment Christie. i don't know how you can keep moving. This is awful. i hope you are right and we will find more fab friends.
I don't know if it's easier going back to what you know or moving on to new things. Great to hear from you tho
Sounds like a wonderful weekend. I can't wait to see what you got on your shopping trip.
Very nice pics! I love the second one so much.
You guys lucked out to go on free face painting day!! Fun!! Glad you had a lovely day!! :)
I'm super jealous! Sounds like you guys had a blast together. Wonderful pictures....gorgeous kiddos! Missin' the Des Moines peops!
Sounds way fun! Those are great face paintings.
Post a Comment