Friday, June 22, 2007

Flashback Friday


Ah ha, it is Friday and I have a flashback. (Tricia, you asked about this group of girls that blog... well we don't get together to blog, we just all read each others blogs and take ideas from one and other. It has just caught on in the ward and a lot of sisters are doing it.) Any who, so today I wanted to blog about Alex. Alex has a very interesting mind. Ever since he was very small you could just see the gears spinning inside this kids head. He wants to know how things work, and he wants to "check stuff out". I am sure that this is a boy trait, but being my only boy, I find it unique. When he was about 2 one of his favorite things to do with me is get the screwdriver and take apart the "popper". (one of those little toys that kids are suppose to walk along and push, it has a blue handle and little colorful balls inside the dome at the base of the handle) He love to see how it all went together and eventually we would take it apart and he would hand me the pieces in the correct order to put it back together again. He loved this. He was often caught getting into trouble.
He would often times get caught getting into things and he would try to smooth it over with a big smile. The picture on the left is his, uh oh I got caught and the right is, but I'm so cute you won't be mad right???

When Alex was about 3 years old and I was nursing Tori, he would find a variety of things to keep himself busy. This day, he went back and forth to the pen drawer (which was plentiful with drug rep pens) and built this bridge like structure. It was so interesting to watch his little mind work through this.




You can't really tell, but the boy is actually in the cupboard! And again we witness the smooth it over face. :-) I have looked and looked and I can't find the picture of him finger painting with Crisco on the cupboard door. That one is a favorite, I'll have to keep searching.



Here he is monkeying around at my mom and dads place. Who knew this about my little reserved boy? I had almost forgotten that he was like this. I wonder if it will ever come back out. He has always love to chill out and read though, he still does like to just curl up and look at a book.


My how quickly they grow. Alex started life so itty bitty, and has grown into quite a boy. He is so fun to have around and really loves to learn. He has always asked questions that made me know that he was really thinking. Here is a picture of him in the beginning. So so tiny. :-)

8 comments:

Jared - Christina said...

I LOVE the monkey picture!! What a classic shot! Having a little boy is so fun.

Jenni said...

Wow, that little monkey pic is impressive!! Alex totally sounds like a little engineer in the making!! I love all those "caught in the act" pics too!! What a cute guy!! :)

Jeri said...

This was a wonderful flash back! He is a wonderful boy.

I love the picture of him in the hospital. He was such a gorgeous newborn...not smooshed at all. =)

Mendy said...

What a fun post about your boy. Sounds like he was a very "busy" baby!

Tricia said...

O.K. everything makes so much more sense. I love the idea, do you guys print out your blog pages and put them into a journal? or just keep them on the computer? I love the idea of your flash back fridays there is so much of your family life that I didn't get to see and I love caughting up and hearing about all the wonderful things you do with your kids. you inspire me to be better. Thanks for that

Cami said...

Wow! That was a little boy to be hanging upside down like that! Sheesh! My kids won't do that now. He was such a darling baby. Nice flashback.

Julia said...

oh, he is so cute! I love the "you know you love me!" pictures too :D

Heaps and Heaps said...

Hey