Today was the last 1/2 day for Liza and Alex. I taught at the gym this morning, mailed a package to my neices and then ran an address book over to Liza at school. (she has a summer birthday and I always forget to get the phone numbers of her friends) , anyway. Then I ran home to pack a lunch so that when the oldest two came home from school, we could head out for a picnic. We went over the water front in Columbia to watch the free lunch concert in the park. I love doing this, we park our blankets under the wonderful shade of these huge trees and there is a live band playing at the bottom of the hill. We all munch on our lunches while mommies gab and kiddos run around playing, and occationally smacking eachother with sticks. It is so nice, I love it. So today after the wonderful time at the park (which happens to be right across from Columbia Mall), we quickly hopped over to the mall to do a little shopping. Alex and Wyatt got a hair cut while I took the girls to Clairs to look at "the pretties" then we headed down to Disney store. Lucky us, they are having their Semi annual sale and so we lucked out with $2 flip flops, $2 disney toy cell phones, and >$4 for a 3 pk of under pants. We found a ton of deals, then of course a potty break had to happen, so Jeri ran to the potty with 'talia. While she was gone, I was manning the other 5 and was trying to get up to the register to pay. By this time, all were scattered and chaos was starting. Tori was climbing on the stroller to play with Katie. She was standing on the foot rest on the front. I said, "okay Tori, get down." To which she replied "Nooooooo, I don't want to..." (in her whiniest little 3 yr old voice). To which I thought FINE, and pulled the stroller back in order to turn it a bit and push forward, she survived the pull back, but the push forward didn't happen because the wheels were turned sideways so the stroller stopped short and she fell off. So now, one would think, yeah, so she fell off of a step that is what 3 inches off the floor, so what. Well she went smack straight onto her head. It was quite a thud as her little melon smacked the ground. I stepped around the cart and over to her and immediately noticed that her left pupil was HUGE and her right pupil was tiny. I swooped her up in my arms (only I accidental stepped on her hair and pulled out a huge chunk when I picked her up) * I know I know, I am the BEST mom * Anyway, so at this point she is crying, then all of a sudden she falls silent and goes completely floppy in my arms. I start yelling at her "Tori, Tori, wake up, Tori." Then I started blowing in her face, the lady from Disney store asked me if I wanted to call 911, then she started moaning and coming back to. *sigh* I kept her in my arms for about 10 minuets trying to asses her while frantically calling Brent on the phone to see if there is any thing I should be watching for now that she was back conscious. The ladies at Disney were so wonderful and tried so hard to help. Jeri came back from the potty sometime in the 10 min recover phase and was shocked to see Tori as the center of attention, and a chunk of her beautiful blond hair on the floor. (poor Tori) She stayed really sleepy for almost an hour after wards. I brought her right home making sure that she stayed awake the whole way with an ice pack that Jeri happened to have in her lunch box (from the picnic). Daddy checked her out, looked in her eyes with a light and such, and then ran all the Dr. test to see if she showed any signs or symptoms, and then declared her fine. She perked right up during her little Dr.daddy visit and was set to go. We headed out to Cicis Pizza for a end of school Celebration. The kids love it there. We had a great dinner, YUM CICIS, and then came home and ran the tests on Tori again. Tucked the kids in and then I blogged instead of cleaning my house. (he he) Any who as the night has passed, I have taken the occasional moment here and there and thought of how horrific it would be to loose a child. I keep making myself not think about it, but oh, what would I do. I plan to wake her up before I go to be, just to make sure that she is still okay. What a day. :-0
Wednesday, June 20, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
That is so SCARY!! There have been times that Ben's smacked his head really hard, but to see little Tori go all limp... That must have been horrifying! I am so sorry this happened to you!! Tho, how wonderful is it that you have a doctor dad always on call for you!!! :) Hope the night went well for little Tori and that she's feeling okay today!
On an incredibly shallow side note, thanks for the info on the Disney Store sale!! ;)
Poor little thing. That is scary. Hope she is ok.
I feel your situation so much, I can't imagine lossing a child that we cared for so much, there is a stroy of a family who lost a child in the back of this month's Ensign which made my heart skip a beat too. I'm so glad that you stayed together even if inside you were coming undone. What a thing to have happen to you.
Tori is back to normal and a little cranky today since she was awaken from her sleep twice last night. Once when Brent went to bed at 1am and again by me at 3am. I think she is just fine. Glad that is over, I feel that I didn't express my feelings well enough of how it made me feel, but I think any one would understand and get my point.
Wow! What an adventure! It's a good thing you have a Dr. Daddy around. I would have had to call 911. Or at least take my kid to the doctor. Other than that horribleness, the rest of the day sounds lovely.
I cannot imagine the terror! I mean, that could happen to any one of us, you know? Who hasn't had a bad time of it wresting more children than you've got hands for...You've just lived through one of the worst case scenarios!
That picnic in the park sounds really nice! Do they do that all summer?
Christie, I am so sorry!! I am so glad that she is ok.
How scary. I am glad she is doing fine, and had no problems. You hate to see things happen to your kids. I bet you were exhausted after all this. I would not have cleaned my house either.
I think you handled it way better than I would....I mean, did! I was so worried about her I thought I was going to be sick. Watching her on the way out of the mall, I thought she was not doing well. I was sure I was going have to follow you to the ER. I am glad she turned out to be just fine. Poor thing.
Today was nice though! Great way to get our minds off the craziness.
Post a Comment