Okay so I love this idea of having Flashback Friday. I think it is a wonderful way to make up for the lack of journaling I have done over the years. However I always forget on Friday and then when I remember.... it's not Friday, so I am thinking I may just have to do Flashbacks all the time. This moment was so sweet that I want to make sure that I never forget it. Once Morning when I was pregnant with Katie and laying on the couch full of morning sickness Tori came up to me, and gently said "you don't feel good mommy." I said "no, mommy feels really sick today." and then she stood in front of me as though demanding my attention, and sweetly sang "swinkle, swinkle, widdle star, how I wonder what you are. Pup pa bav da world so high, wike a dimond in da sky, swinkle, swinkle ,widdle star....... how I wonder what you are." She then softly hugged my head as I thanked her and then she went off to play. She is such a sweet girl.
This reminded me of anther thing. When Liza was this age, her solution for everything was a drink. If you were sick, she would bring you a drink. I remember one day when we lived in Philly (possibly pregnant with Alex) I was sick, and she went into the kitchen and asked Brent to get her a drink. He gave it to her thinking that it was for her and she brought it to me and told me that this should make me feel better. She also does that if you cry, she still to this day will bring you a drink if you're having a bad day. I wonder where this came from?
Monday, June 18, 2007
Flashback monday?
Posted by Christie at 11:42 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
You talk about this journaling, and how agroup of you get together to do this. I want to know what this all about? We don't have anything like that in Winnipeg and I want you to share it with I love the idea..
I love your pictures. My friend take beautiful pictures too. I keep telling James that I need a digital slr for me but alas it has not happened yet........
Oh, sweet Tori! I love that swinkle story!! And so funny that Liza brings you a drink!! What a thoughtful girl!
Kids are so sweet, and are very willing to help when mommy is ill. I love how kind your girls are.
I remember the you telling me the story about Tori. What a sweet baby. =)
If only Liza's trick with a drink really worked! =) Cute.
What sweet girls you have, Christie! They sure are cute, too. I love all your photos. You are quite good, I must say!
She must have to come to my house to learn the drink trick. Every time my kids cry or are sick or anything, here comes the cup of water. I don't know why. But it does calm them down. I guess I figure no one can scream that loud and lose that many tears and NOT need a drink. Very cute stories!
Post a Comment