Thursday, May 31, 2007

GRRRR

For the billionth (is that a word?) time, I am headed to bed with out REALLY washing the kitchen floor. I was about to wash it when I got a call from the DH in the basement asking me where this mystery wet spot in the carpet is coming from. Well, we followed the trail and found a dripping pipe and soaked isolation accompanied by wet dry wall and soaked carpet and underlay. LOVELY! Anyone know a good/cheep plumber? I sure hope we caught it before it ruined the ceiling and drywall down here. At this time we have my only 2 cookie sheets crammed up there catching drips. I sure hope it helps till we can get some help. Curse Fly Lady for the declutter job that landed me with only 2 cookie sheets cuz now my really nice cookie sheets are stuffed up there catching heaven only knows what kind of sludgy water. GRRRRR. I suppose 2 new cookie sheets are a lot cheaper then new ceiling and dry wall. Hurray!! I was going to go out Strawberry picking tomorrow, but we'll see now that I may have to be here waiting for a plumber who is coming between 7am and 10pm. :-) No I don't have an appointment yet, but I love the time frames they offer. Any one who knows a plumber, call me fast..... Thanks

6 comments:

Jenni said...

Oh no!! I wish I knew of a good plumber! I really hope it all dries out well! Good luck with finding a plumber and all!

kristin said...

Ew...that stinks! We got to buy Geoff another used car yesterday..if that helps. (after dumping 1100 into the old one first) know anyone that wants an old Mazda??
What time is this residency over again??

Jann said...

I am so sorry you are dealing with this. I definitely do not like dealing with things like this, especially water damage. One of those no fun things we have to deal with. Good luck.

Mendy said...

What a headache! * am so sorry, Christie. I hope you got everything fixed and that it wasn't too big of a deal. I know Laurrel had a pipe break in her basement and it was big bucks to fix! I hope yours is something different entirely.

Jeri said...

I am sad this happened to your home.

One question. Did that water taste good?!! =)(wink, wink)

We will have to go strawberry picking another day.

Cami said...

Man, everybody is having their ceiling cave in! I hope you get it fixed up soon!