Life is so full of surprises. Some are so good and fun, some so sad, and others leave you in a stupor. I hit this topic because I've had a few things rolling around in my mind and found that a lot of things take me by surprise. After reading my friends blogg, I was reminded of the day that Brent and I got engaged, and how much of a surprise that was... We had spoken of marriage and even looked at rings, but I had NO idea that he had gone and had the perfect one custom made. And I certainly didn't expect the proposal on the night that it happened! Good Surprise. I remember giving birth to Liza, we never knew if she was a boy or a girl, another tender and good surprise. Sometimes we get news that is surprising, and it leaves us with an edge of excitement that is mellowed only by a slight fear of the future. What will come of this new news. Like finding out what Medical School we got into, and placing in a residency. Having your bid accepted on your first home...good surprise! Finding out that your dearest friend, mother and grandmother to your 3 little ones has passed away..... bad surprise. Finding out that your Father in Law will remarry just months after her passing..... bad surprise. Getting news of the straying of a close family member.... bad surprise. A parent adamant about divorce....bad surprise. Which leads me to my stupor.... Realizing that some people in this world think that I blindly follow a religion that doesn't let me think for my self....stupor. Realizing that it really is all so true..... stupor. And the most recent... after placing a call to my mom tonight where I awkwardly got around to asking about my letter, she responded with, "yes, I read it." me "I wasn't sure since I didn't hear back" "I was going to write you an email, but I can just tell you that none of it surprised me. I fully expect you to feel that way and I accept that."........STUPOR. You may be wondering... how is that a surprise, to tell you the truth, I honestly didn't think that she knew me well enough to know how I felt. I have always felt like she doesn't know me. I am so glad that I wrote that letter, it was therapeutic, but also I am glad that it also helped me realize that we are not that far away from each other. I guess all those times that I talked to her and I thought she wasn't listening, maybe she was. It makes me think about how my kids will feel. This again leaves me in the stupor. Humm.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Very introspective. Thank you for sharing. Surprises really do come in all shapes and sizes. Good luck with everything you're going through. Maybe you will get some nice surprises in the future.
Yes, you need a few nice surprises to add to the bottom of your list!
I am glad your Mom told you she read it. It's all in their court. Now you can focus on you and your family, and how to heal on your end of things. ((HUGS))
Post a Comment