So sometimes things happen and the only thing that gets you even be able to smile through it is the fact that you can go home and blog about it. Sunday I had one of these moments.... I was meeting with the RS presidency in the cultural hall during Sunday School, I had 3 of my 4 monkies in class and Katie was keeping herself buisy doing her little bum shuffle around the gym. She had made it about 3 rows up and on the other side of the isle away from me when she was distracted by a hymn book. She had discovered how to clap the front and back covers of the hymn book together to make a clapping sound. There was a sister from the ward sitting near her who had talked to her breifly, and then was preoccupied. I kept half an eye on her while we met making sure that her attention didn't turn to playing with the pages of the book. she would clap the pages, then scoot around, clap the pages, scoot around... no problem right? Then another sister from the ward walks past her and said "Oh boy, she's made a mess here." So I come over thinking... How much of a mess could she make with hymn books. UM, yeah, not much with hymn books, but big mess with POOP!!! Yes, she blew out of her diaper. Pardon the details, but you have to picture that there was a pile of poop that was large enough that it looked as though a potty training toddler had it fall out of their underpants. I honestly thought, oh yuck, that can't be hers, but it was!!! GROSSS, and she had scooted around in it, and then clapped the hymn book, then scooted around in it and clapped the hymn book. It was the biggest poo mess ever!! I couldn't believe it. It took the whole stack of wipes to clean her and the floor up, and no worries, the hymn book has been perminatly removed from circulation. :-) GROSS!!!
Monday, May 28, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
THAT is hilarious! I don't know if it's more funny, or disgusting...but I love it. Of all the places, too. Aren't kids grand??
I cringed for you through reading this whole story. This is just one of those things that every mother could do without, and every mother has dealt with. Although maybe not at church. You will laugh about it later, and I can picture you telling her future husband all about it.
Even though I was there I loved reading the post about it!! :) Isn't it wonderful how blogging can help change your perspective so you can look at things like this with a bit of humor! :) Sweet sweet Katie - how do such sweet little people make such horrific messes!! :)
The is horrifying and hilarious all at once! So sorry you had to go through that--and yet you were all smiles as you greeted sisters coming into RS!
I think this is so funny! Now that is all cleaned up of course. Who knew tiny Katie could make such a big mess.
Post a Comment