Last night I went on a much needed girls night! It was SO fun! The night began w/ me having the opportunity of teaching a parenting class @ the church. I seriously consider this an opportunity. I love parenting programs and books, and love that I get to justify spending some time every week preparing to teach some of the things that I've learned. There is no better way to study something then teaching it. However, I fear that everyone around me must not need a parenting class, cuz only one family came. :-) That's okay, I'll do the whole course for just the one family, because it is just that worth it to me! I learned so much from teaching it last night.
Friday, April 2, 2010
Much Needed
About a month or so ago, I read Nicholas Sparks book "Last Song", in preparation for the movie release that took place yesterday. Some girls from church and I headed to the theaters last night for the 9:20 showing! Oh it was SOO Good. A total chick flick. I laughed and I cried, and for me... that's all it takes to be a good film. I'm not too tough of a critic. Unfortunately Niki was the only one, amongst the 6 of us who brought 3 tissues. She rationed them out, and we all made full use of our tiny pieces. :-) It was so funny afterwards to talk about all the blubbering that was going on, and all the so funny parts. I'll be the first to admit that Mylie Cirus is no oscar winning actress, but the little brother...... what a performance! After the movie, we stood out in front of the theater and talked and talked and talked. We shared life experiences that moved us to tears once again, we shared love and advice. We laughed so hard that I am sure a few of us peed. We schemed up some revenge against a prankster in the ward and laughed and laughed at the prospects. We consented to join in a fast for one of our pals and just really had a wonderful chat. How long do you suppose a group of women could stand in front of the theater and talk? Lets see... the movie started at 9:20, I will guess it was over at 11:30. Somewhere around 2 am.... someone looked at their phone and gasped... "It's 2:00!!" We laughed again, and then parted ways. What a fabulous night. It is amazing to me how much better I feel after spending some time chatting with and getting to know other women. I needed that girls night last night, more then I even knew! I feel so GOOD today, and I only had about 3 hours of sleep. :0D..... it'll catch me tonight or tomorrow.
Posted by Christie at 8:59 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
You are a fun girl to go to late night movies with and I'm so glad your friends there know that now too!:) Fun night!!
So glad you enjoyed the movie! It sounds like a fun night! I enjoyed the parenting class too, and learned and was reminded of a lot of things I need to be doing. Thanks!
I didn't even know about the class till you sent the email about the time change. Maybe future weeks will be better.
I just read that book and it was pretty good. Sounds like they did a good job with the movie.
So glad you got that feeling of restoration and rejuvenation that comes from being with other women. It is so important. We should meet up in the middle somewhere sometime for a girls' weekend.
Post a Comment