For Spring Break we took a quick trip to
CHATTANOOGA, TN
We stayed at the "Chattanooga Choo Choo Hotel" I got a rockin' deal on price line.The Hotel was certainly in need of an update, but we had fun. I think it would be an amazing place to stay in the summer when the gardens are all in bloom. The outdoor pools were sure looking good and we were wishing for a bit warmer weather so that we could get in and play in them. But we settled for the indoor pool. :-) It was SOOO warm, nice!
The next morning we headed out to ROCK CITY!
The next morning we headed out to ROCK CITY!From my understanding of the information posted about, the gardens were once owned by a woman who loved to beautify her property and she and her husband worked very hard to make this a place where the public could come to enjoy. Since then, it has really become quite the attraction.
Again, the flowers were just about to bloom, but it was beautiful anyway. I would LOVE to head back out there in the summer to see the leaves on the trees and flowers on the bushes.
There were beautiful streams popping up all around
Again, the flowers were just about to bloom, but it was beautiful anyway. I would LOVE to head back out there in the summer to see the leaves on the trees and flowers on the bushes.
There were beautiful streams popping up all around
At times the path got really slim, you had to shimmy between the rocks to continue on the trail.
Beautiful Stone work and bridges all over among the natural rock towers.
The Kids had such a great time, they were all SO happy to be outside. The weather was PERFECT and everyone was in a good mood. That makes SUCH a difference.
Katie bug on a bridge. :-)
They had a few of these Cheesy head in the whole things around the park. It kept it light for the kids.
At the end of the path there was this cave that was full of little fairy-tale figures. It is hard to explain, but kind of cool too. They were all in the dark cave, and lit w/ black light. The kids liked that part too, but were happy to see the light at the end of the cave.
Suspension Bridges.... I go over them to prove to myself that I am not afraid of them.. I had a bad dream as a little girl, and they always bring back that dream.... ALWAYS!
At one point in the walk, you can "see" 7 States from one point, Granted you need some good binoculars and a nice clear day. But COOL none the less.
Brent wanted to be sure to get a picture of me and the kids. This is just outside the gift shop. The kids showed much restrain in the gift shop. Esp Liza who was saving for a pair of shoes for promotion, and a new swimming suit. Alex turned away the black Arrow head that he wanted because they would only sell it to him in a box w/ others that made it cost $3 instead of just buying himself one. I was proud to see them being careful with the $ they had earned.
This is the "Fat Man Squeeze" Brent requested a photo. I don't know if he was worried about his safety and wanted to make sure we knew where we lost him, or if he thought he was being funny. :-P If you click on the picture, the sign above him actually says "Fat Man Squeeze"
Lover's leap. Comes w/ it's own Legend of the Love between two young Indians from rivaling tribes. I read the story to the kids, they thought that was pretty neat.
We Loved Rock City... We bought a season pass to Rock City. Soooo, if you're a friend or Family from out of town and you would like to see rock city with us, you have until March of next year to get down here and go with us. (it wasn't cheap)! I Hope you'll come and see Rock City with us. It was beautiful
10 comments:
Fun spring break trip! That rock city place looks uber cool!:)
we loved rock city and also the cave part with black lights was really cool! it IS gorgeous when all is in bloom so i'm glad you get to go back!
I think the "fat man squeeze" passageway would squeeze me. What a fun trip. I love the trips that include the beauties of nature.
What a fun place to go to! Fred was telling me about rock city and seeing the 5 states etc. How cool that you got a pass so you can see in in bloom and then in the fall. Looks like a good time. What a good pick for spring break!
p.s. Way to go on the rockin' deal on Priceline!!
How fun!! Looks like a really cool place! Glad you guys had fun!
Sold! That looked beautiful.
So fun:) I was there...umm 5yrs ago:) Its such a fun place-looks like you guys had a great time! Yeah for spring break!!!
What a fun family trip! Doesn't getting a rocking deal on the hotel make it seem so much better than it would be if you had paid full price!
I'm ashamed to admit that as a native Tennessean, I've never been to Rock City. Would love to go.
Post a Comment