The other night, I was checking Liza's teeth, making sure that she was brushing well around those braces. She was not getting between the brackets and the gums very well. The most important place to get!! So I was showing her how to get her brush up there on her gums, and her gums bled when we brushed them. I said "Oh no Liza, that is not good that is a sign of the beginnings of Gingivitis." I told her that she has to take care of her gums, and how important it is. (we've had this talk before, but in one ear and out the other I guess) I think seeing her gums bleed tho, was a little scary for her. The next morning I checked the History on my computer. (she was up before me) She had googled "gingervitis". This is what she found : a disease held by a kid who has orange hair, pale skin and freckles on his face. Don't confuse them with kids with orange hair but without the skin and freckles........The horrible disease that infects every single red haired person. Symptoms include: red hair, freckles, the lack of one's soul, and the feeling that you just don't belong in society. Gingervitis can be passed on to other people with the harmful bite, this bite can spread the disease to any person, so be careful around ginger kids........An incredibly serious disease in children. Symptoms are Red hair, white skin, and freckles.
LOL!!!! I pulled up a page on Gingivitis when she got home and showed her what she was looking for... pictures of teeth/ gums with gingivitis. I asked her if she went all day thinking that she was going to get red hair and freckles from not brushing properly. She assured me that she figured she'd not looked up the right thing. Kind of funny tho. SO BRUSH AND FLOSS YOUR TEETH AND GUMS MY FRIENDS....... EVEN WHEN YOU HAVE BRACES !
5 comments:
Hahaha! Too funny! I can certainly empathize with you about the brushing with braces issue! I am always telling Jace to brush in between those brackets!! I'll have to share this story with him!
that is hilarious! i can't see the picture that is with the post.
That is so great! Oh, googling. I'm not excited for that phase.
LOL!! That's FUNNY!!
That's great. My kids are bad about brushing, so starting now they have to pay for cavities to be filled. I am going to stick to it after their next check-ups. I hope Liza gets it this way-much easier.
Post a Comment