Saturday, July 19, 2008

Romancing the stone?

So I wake up on Thursday morning and there is a big sign taped to the Mac, that says "Christie Press Play"  then there are sticky notes all over that say "mom only"  "press here"  ..  I press play and I tunes starts up with Chicago's  "What Kind of Man would I Be?"  Such a sweet song.  I've heard it a million times, but never loved it as much as I did on Thursday morning.  :-)  Awww, so sweet.  Man this coupled with the flowers deserved a post all its own.  


We had our gym and swim day, and stayed for quite a while at the pool.  We actually stayed until someone either pooped or puked in the pool and they shut it down.  :-) YUMMY!  

I've continued to feed off my photo shoot at Larriland (as you can see) and keep staying up till ridiculous hours of the night blogging and flickring.  I got to use one of my Massages from my lovely massage a month gift that I got for Christmas.  So that is always a great way to end a day.
Friday Brent was on call, and would miss our date night, so when I woke up in the morning, the sign was back on the computer.  I thought "surely the kids have stuck it back up there".  Nope.  He had another song for me.  It was "Faithfully"  Journey.  Another song, I've heard many many a time, but boy did it mean a lot to hear it this morning, knowing that he wouldn't be around tonight.  AWWW.  This is where I started to wonder...... Is he dying?  What's up with all this romance?  LOL!!  

Took the kids to the science center on Friday.  They had a ball.  I never told them that we were going until about 10 minutes before we were to leave.  I yelled down the stairs "who want's to go to the science center today?"  The whooping and hollering that came up those stairs was comical!  The love going there, and we never ever do everything that they want to do in one day.  Once again, it proved to be a wonderful time.  The day swept by, and before I knew it, I had all my kids in the van and was picking up my "date" for the night.  We had Co op, so I picked up Barbara on the way, and we went shopping!  I read a quote on a sign in the Kirtland store.
"One shoe can change your whole life."
Cinderella
I saw these shoes last Saturday and haven't stopped thinking about them.  I looked them up on the internet to see if I could find them and watch them from home, but I couldn't.  After 6 days of wishing, these cute little shoes became mine.  :-)  Aren't they darling?

Saturday (Today) Brent was post call, he got home before I got out of bed.  (kids let me sleep in today!)  When he came to bed, he has to sleep during the day after a call night because he doesn't get to sleep at work, I got up.  And yup, the sign was back up on the computer!  What a doll.  This morning was "In Your Eyes"  Peter Gabriel.  Again, a very sweet and thoughtful song.  What a man eh?

The kids spent the day either working their tails off or avoiding working their tails off.  Tori worked her bum off and earned herself a sleep over with Natalia next Friday night.  Alex on the other hand....  oooohhh, it took a whole lot out of me not to string that one up by his toes today.  Good thing he is so dang cute right?  Yeah!  He swears up and down that he is going to earn his 800 points to get a sleep over before next Friday, I sure hope he does.  Well tonight, I am off to have a little movie night with my "Romeo".   I think we are going to watch "Real Genius"  w/ Val Kilmer.  We love this show!  SO FUNNY.  Well that about wraps up our week.  :-)

3 comments:

Cami said...

How very romantic!! I hope you had a good date night.

I love the reaction of your kids to the science center. My kids have that reaction when I say, "Who wants to go to the park today." We have lower expectations here.

Tracy said...

Excuse me???? Did you pick up a pair for me? I can't believe you got them! You are so funny. Now you're making me have to go get them. What a romantic man you're married to!

Mendy said...

Those shoes are adorable! I love them! You know when you keep thinking about something that long that you just HAVE to go back to buy!