Thursday, July 3, 2008

Monday

On Monday we went to Gunpowder Falls State Park for a swim (on the Chesapeake Bay).  The water was INCREDIBLY warm, I was ALMOST tempted to get in.  I really don't like to swim in lakes or the ocean.  I am afraid of them.  My brain just tells me that it is not a good idea to not be able to see ones own feet, and what is lurking around them.   We took our time getting there, so  we didn't arrive until almost lunch time.  Katie was NOT impressed with this trip!
I titled this photo "I don't like it!"  That is what she said about walking on the sand.  She didn't like how the sand felt on her feet, in her sandals, or how she sunk down in it when she walked.
She didn't want to sit on it.  The water wasn't a pull, she didn't like it either.  Poor girl, she just sat on a towel and ate, and shoveled sand into a bucket.  Not her favorite trip.
Tori loved it!  She loved the warm water.  The kids were in the water almost the whole time we were there.  I was hard pressed to get them out to eat.  The weather was overcast and threatened to rain a few times.
And then at about 3:30 it poured.  No thunder and lighting, just down pour.  It was warm, so Alex and Liza stayed in the water (which they thought was excellent!) and Katie and Tori hid under the umbrella.  The sun then came out and they went back to swimming again.

Alex got to have a go with his new pool toy.  He tried to take it to the pool and they told him he couldn't use it because it is a flotation device that is not approved by.... who ever has to approve them.  He was pretty sad that he spent his money on something he can't use.  So we took it too the beach.  He thinks it's pretty cool, but he still can't use it like he is supposed to.  He doesn't weigh enough to keep it under the water.
 Of course they had to do the traditional burry your sibling game.  Do you like their sand shovel?  Liza though up that one, and packed the bag of  "sand" toys.  That was packed with the intention of digging to China.  :-)  LOL, they crack me up. 

My favorite part about this place is that the swimming area that is roped off is so big and so shallow.  My older 2 could go clear  out to the ropes and sill touch.  It was so nice.  It was also not very busy, and as it is very lake like, no waves or anything, I wasn't as worried about them.  So although I kept and eye on them, I didn't feel all stressed out that one could get sucked under.  (I know Tracey, I am such a spazz).  Anyway, It was a lovely day.  
 
We came home and showered and then I taught water aerobics while Brent put the kids to bed.  It was a nice day, with next to perfect weather.  :-)

5 comments:

Jenni said...

That sounded like a fun excursion! Oh that huge shovel made me laugh!!:)

tracey said...

The snow shovel is a crack up!! LOL! Sounds like fun. Isn't it great going to the beach without a baby?!

Anonymous said...

I love the picture of your feet! Look at those pretty toes:)
barbara:)

Jared - Christina said...

Oh I so wish I could have joined you for this!! I love this place and want to go back really bad!
I love Alex and Liza in the sand with the shovel! I remember doing co-op one night and we went to the park. I think I may have been the one to start that whole thing about digging to China that night! Ha! Who knew it would provide so much future entertainment!

Corinne said...

I love to go there, it's one of my favorite places. We should do another r.s. gathering out there :)