Last night at 2am (as I was going to bed) Katie began to fuss, and I found my self hoping, just a little that she would wake up and let me rock her.
I got to thinking about this, and how, with Liza I never cherished those mid- night cries. I would always just take care of the problem and put her back in her bed to be sure that no bad habits were formed. I would make sure that cuddling in the night didn't happen so that she would be a good little sleeper. Oh the silly mistakes we make.
When I had Alex, the whole idea was, don't wake up Liza, fatten up that baby, and get as much sleep as possible between the two of them. With Tori, I would somewhat enjoy those middle of the night wakings , but I was still worried about how much sleep I was going to get and how I would make it through the next day.
Now, when Katie wakes, I can't wait to snatch her out of her bed, ah the blissful opportunity of rocking a sweet baby, all snugly and warm. I love it. We used to say things like "would you please rock her, I have to do ......" now, we fight over who gets to hold Katie in the chair. :-) Funny how things change.
Yesterdays song was "our song" which his "Forever and Ever Amen" Randy Travis. I beg him to sing it to me all the time, but he has only done that twice in our 13 years together. :-) I suppose dedicating it to me is the next best thing.
This mornings song was "Your The Inspiration" Chicago. Aww, what a sweet heart. I have a play list on I tunes called "For my princess." What a charmer.
5 comments:
Oh, your baby comments! I am torn between them all. I just LOVE it when it's a "good" time for her to wake up, like the middle of the night) so I can snuggle her and feed her and still not mess up her sleeping schedule. I hate it when she takes so long to go to sleep in the day because it's less time I get to smooch her and things. It's definitely different with the 3rd, but I'm still sort of a sleep nazi. She does get a lot of chest naps though--never would have been allowed with my boys!
I sent you an email! =)
I enjoyed the rocking so much more with Nina than with my older 2!! It is such a special time that doesn't last nearly long enough! Love your hubby's songs for you - very sweet!!
Sweet baby moments. I experienced that with Sara and Evan for sure. I thought she was my last so every moment was a gift. Then I KNEW he was my last and again-every moment was a gift. Keep up that cherishing!
Right with you my friend! I'm really cherishing the last one...it is all going way too fast!
Your kids are gorgeous! Miss being part of your lives!
Tell my cousin hi!
Syd
Post a Comment