Friday, March 7, 2008

Over the monitor

Alex  "Tori, if you ever do that again, I am going to make a sign that says that you can't do that!"

Tori "Well too bad, cuz I can't read."
Alex "Well I'll tell you right now what it is going to say, it is going to say "WARNING!  STAY OUT!"  
1/31/08
Alex  "What is this mom, the house that doesn't do ANYTHING???!!!"
2/1/08
 Tori and her cousin in Oregon 
Tori, "okay, I'm gonna go..."
Abbie, "okay, but I just want to tell you one question."
Tori "okay"
Abbie, "Torwe, do you know my friend *julie*? "  (* I couldn't understand the friends name)
Tori "Yup."
Abbie, "No you don't!  Bye! "
Tori "Hello?  Hello?"
2/1/08
While brushing hair...(which is always a fight)
Tori singing in a  c major scale "ow, ow, ow, ow, ow, ........(then back down to c) ow, ow , ow, ow ow"
I laugh of course, who sings ow in a scale, up and back down????  Too funny.
Tori  "no mom, I'm serious!"
Me  "I'm serious too.."
Tori "no mom, I am seriouser then you!"
LOL!!!!
2/7/08
Wyatt during his weekend visit....
me "If you boys fight today, I am going to separate you for a 1/2 an hour and then you can get back together and try again."
Wyatt... "Miss Christie, do you mean fight, ching ching, or flight like argue?"
LOL!!  Ching Ching.... what a character.
2/16/08
Set the scene... I am in the kitchen tying katie's shoes.  She has brought them to me requesting that she be aloud to go outside with Chinook.  
Natalia  hollers from upstairs,  "Ka-tie! "
Katie says "not coming..." in the sweetest little voice.
Natalia having not heard her repeats, "Kaaaa Teeee."
Katie, a little louder  "not coming......"
Natalia "Katie!!"
Katie yells in the meanest voice I have ever heard her use "NO!"
I look at her as though to say...  whoh, what was that for....
Katie explains,using her hands to soften things up. "a shoe, a outside, a no!"  
LOL, so funny.. Katie will usually say coming... when you call her name, I thought it was so funny that she told her she is not coming, and that she understood the look I gave her and gave an explanation.   What a funny girl.
2/16/08
me: "uh oh, who dumped these cars?"
Tori "Eli did."
me "Eli, did yo dump these cars?"
Eli "Yes, no one was sleeping."
Me "Eli, we don't dump toys at Miss Christie's house.  You need to clean them up."
Eli "Oh, I feel to sick to do that."
Me "I am sorry you feel sick, but you need to clean up these toys"  (he is not sick at all BTW)
Eli "Oh, I just can't" Resting his elbow on his knee and dropping his heavy head into his hands.
Me, tossing cars into a pile from all over the surrounding area.  "Eli, you need to put all these cars back into the box right here, and then we can keep playing."
Eli "Miss Christie,  sometimes you are SO mean."
LOL!!!!
2/20/08

Brent and Tori often have quite a little chat as he tucks her in at night.  Here is how the conversation went tonight,
"Daddy, do you work tomorrow?"
"Yes, I do."
"Don't forget what our house looks like."
"I won't."
"Daddy, I have these bumps in my throat (touches her neck), are those bones or something?"
"Actually, they're cartilage, like what is in your ear."(wiggling her ear)
"How do you know that dad?"
"'cuz I'm a doctor."
"So because you're a doctor, you know everything?"
"No, not everything, just a lot about peoples bodies."
"Well, you should learn about other things, like what makes purple, and pink."
LOL!!!!!   This girl it pretty silly
3/2/08

Other things that have been said to Brent, or about Brent.
Tori  "Dad, do you live at our house?...(Pause) NAWWW (as though she was kidding with the question)  You live at the hospital!!"
Tori  "Mommy, is Daddy dead?"
Alex "Mom, is daddy part nocturnal?"
:-)

3 comments:

tracey said...

LOL funny!

Anonymous said...

Your house sounds so fun. It would be entertaining to just on your couch and observe you & your family interact. The kids are adorable!

Scarlett said...

Oh my...this is soooo funny! I'm am totally using the, "I'm not coming!" line. They are so adorable. This was really funny to read!