Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Needles, sweats, x-rays and CAT Scans.

The needles have 2 meanings, one is that I got to learn how to knit last night, and I am so excited about it.  I have wanted to learn for quite some time and am glad that I had the opportunity to learn.  The other needles is a bit longer of a tale.  One of which I wanted to write down, more for journaling for me then entertainment for the "readers".  For about 3 months now, I have been having "night sweats"  at first I blamed it on the medication, actually I still kind of am thinking that is what it is, but here is the tale.  I went into the Dr's to have her switch my medications around and she ordered blood work, and a TB test just to make sure that she didn't miss anything.  She also ordered a Chest X ray.  I thought that was a little over kill, but after switching meds, and still sweating, I went for the Chest X ray.  The TB test was negative, and after 2 or 3 weeks on the new meds the results came back for the Chest X ray.  But not in the form of a phone call from my Dr.  I just got a letter that was a referral for a CT scan, with the reason for it being: abnormal Chest X ray.  This got me a little worried, so say the least.  When I finally got a hold of my Dr, she read me the results fro.,m the X ray, which said something about a 15mm  vague abnormality on one of my lungs.  She wouldn't even venture a guess of what they may find, she said there are WAY too many options.   I went in and had the CT scan done on Tuesday.  There won't be any results until Thursday at the earliest.  Brent wont even discuss the options with me.... he avoids the topic for the most part, saying the same things as my Doctor did, that there are just too many things that it could be.  The one thing that he did say is that if all these things are related, the sweats and the lungs, it would be either TB or Lung cancer.  The latter I am just so not likely to get.... I have no family history of it, and of course I don't smoke and have never been overly exposed to it, so that is so unlikely.  TB... I have no other symptoms, so that doesn't really make sense either.  Hopefully the CT will show that what they saw was nothing abnormal.  My blood work came back with low thyroid hormones, but there was some confusion there too, so she wants to re run my blood work and see if I need to be on Thyroid medication (this does run in my family, so that wouldn't surprise me).  For someone who has spent the last 10 years going to OBGYN's and Pediatricians, it is a little odd to be going in to the Dr and Labs so much.  It actually has me pretty spooked out.  When I think about it my chest feels like I have a 50 lb weight on it, makes it difficult to breath.  I am really hoping that the lung thing is nothing, and maybe the sweats are hormonal (like pre menopausal?).  Anyway, I'll post news when I have any.  :-)  

6 comments:

Cory said...

Hey girl,
I'll be thinking about you for the next few days.
be sure and tell us what you find out
Love ya

Tricia said...

That does sound alittle scary! I will pray that it is all nothing and you can go back to normal. There is nothing worse then keeping up with doctor appointments let me tell you. Good luck

kristin said...

I don't like any of that. hope it's a bunch of nothin'. no fun. i'll be sure to say some prayers for you.

Anonymous said...

I had no idea you were going through all of this! You WILL be all right! Sending you lots of love & prayers.

Jenni said...

Oh Christie!! I am sending lots of good vibes your way and am so sorry you are going through all this! It's so not fun to feel like a human pin cushion when they are putting you through lots of tests... Please keep us posted and let me know if I can do anything to help!

Corinne said...

Dude. That is serious business. Keep us updated, that's wild stuff.