I have been thinking of all the things that I need to do around my house. All those spring cleaning things that pop up after the holidays are over and done with and those clean em out instincts kick in. I have been meaning to de clutter my basement for weeks, and just keep not doing it. As I made a little mental list tonight whilst I brushed my teeth, I thought, what is my problem, this is the exact same list I made a month ago, why isn't this getting done? My conclusion..... I am an addict. My name is Christie Wall, and I am addicted to Oxytocin....... no you sickos! Get your mind out of the gutter.... did you know that when women spend time together, just paling around for a girls night, Oxytocin is released into their systems. I read this article, and have heard it other places.
Tuesday, March 11, 2008
Friends
I love my gal time, I would pick that over any other activity. I enjoy my crafts, I enjoy blogs, I enjoy reading and TV, I even enjoy hanging out with the hubby, not that I would always pick the girls over the hubby.... but there is just something about that girl time that I am hooked on. This article talks about the benefits of Oxytocin and how it helps relieve stress, and can actually extend your life. Some even believe that this is why Women live longer then men. "The release of oxytocin, especially in conjunction with estrogen, encourages them to seek out and nurture relationships. As they gather friends and family around them, more oxytocin is released, creating a virtuous circle of comfort and support." I loved the quote at the end where it says " As Marla Paul, author of The Friendship Crisis says: 'WOMEN NEED TO SPEND TIME WITH FRIENDS TO MAINTAIN THEIR BALANCE AND HEALTH. FRIENDS ARE NOT A LUXURY. THEY'RE ESSENTIAL." The article closes with this paragraph (just in case you don't go and read it...) "If anything, these warnings (women's heath, such as heart disease on the rise since women have tried so hard to climb the corporate ladders that they have stopped being with other women on a friendly level) serve only to reinforce the belief of a growing number of experts that strong friendships are more important to health and longevity than anyone thought. Dr Klein is unequivocal: "there's no doubt" she says, "THAT FRIENDS HELP US TO LIVE LONGER." :-) I love it! Thanks to all my friends, near and far, related and not related for helping me to live longer, and happier. What fun to feel justified in all my tomfoolery! And in now, wasting another 1/2 and hour sharing my silly findings with my pals on my blog.
Posted by Christie at 1:40 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Hello, my name is Cami, and I'm an addict too.
Me three! I loved that you posted this. I've always wondered what is it about that feeling that I get when I hang out, and actually later want to get together again.
I guess for this reason I've become a blogger as I explained to you tonight, it's another way to stay connected through writing. I also love my playgroup and I totally look forward to it every week, of course my kids get play out of it, but I get to sit around a chat with my girls! Thanks for sharing this article, at least now I know I'm normal and there are other addicts our there! ;)
(btw. you left your muffin in my car....want me to save it? hahaha)
How wonderful! Thanks for this post to help remind me of what is really important, no essential!
Post a Comment