And the summer fun continues..... Last saturday I took a bunch 'o crap over to Sister Stone's home for a yard sale. She has a much better location than I do. It was "hotter than a popcorn fart" (as Michelle would say) and I got attacked by ants for sitting under their tree. Now, don't get me wrong.. I wasn't sitting on the grass, I was on a chair, AND it wasn't a full fledged attack. They beggers did it sneekily... all day long, and when I got home... Boy were my legs burning and itching. The worst part of it is, that I only made like $30! :-( phewy! I took off for a bit near the end of the sale to go and figure out what I was supposed to do with Alex for Cub Scout Day Camp. While I was there, Michelle and Robert dropped by to visit, and invited my whole family over for a "pool party"! FIRST OF THE SEASON!
We are very blessed to have found friends who are sweet and generous enough to share their pool with us. Katie can't quite touch the bottom of the pool so she made good use of the floaties.
It didn't take long before they started slipping and sliding... What fun!! I think Liza is actually catching some air in this one. LOL
Aubrey headed in for the splash!!
LOL!!! I love this one!! It personifies my sweet new friend Michelle. She is such a kid at heart. I just love her! Always willing to try stuff, do stuff, and jump right in. I think that is the lesson that I am supposed to learn from her... to get in there and just do it. :-)
Even Alex took the slide for a spin. LOL I love his scrawny little body flipping sideways like that!! Too funny.
Tori did slide, but somehow I missed it. Here she is chillin. She has become quite the swimmer in the last month. She slaps on those goggles and away she goes. She did the slide and the diving board all on her own, which requires that she jump or land in the deep end, recover to the surface and swim around to the edge. I am so proud of her.
And would you believe that Katie did this totally unprovoked??? She really wanted to try the slide. Turns out she can go down in this floatie and not even need anyone to catch her (although the first few times Michelle stayed close).Saturday night was such a blast that we thought we would do it again on Tuesday AND Thursday! Actually, on Saturday we were bums, and ate dinner there too, but the other two times I actually earned my keep by doing some camp stuff with Michelle. Finally, after being near that pool for 3 days, I got a turn to get in!! mmm, so nice. Course, I promptly burnt my shoulders... but that's the first time they'd seen the sun in 9 months, so they had to get their "base tan" now we'll be good to go. :-)
I taught water aerobics 6 times this past week. I took 3 sub's for a girl that teaches shallow. It was fun to get back in the shallow pool, but that therapy pool that they insist on 'exercising' in is entirely too HOT! It was fun to show some new people what else we can do in water aerobics, and receive comments like "we don't usually work that hard on Tuesday nights." LOL!! On top of teaching water MWF and Saturday mornings and Tues and Friday night, I also had a presidency meeting on Wednesday night AND I taught my parenting class on Thursday night!
Alex had the pleasure of going to Cub Scout Day camp. I didn't get any pictures of this, cuz I didn't even consider volunteering for THAT one! But he sure had a blast. We worked out a drop off and pick up schedule with some other boys in the ward. Every morning Jessica dropped off Damon on her way to work at 6:45. Then Erin came by with her 2 boys and pick up Alex and Damon and dropped off her daughter Annie (Tori's Friend), and took the 4 boys out to camp at 7:15. The Girls and I went about our day's of swimming and running Sister Brasher to and fro to her appointments, and then every day at 1:30 pm I headed out to pick up the boys. This was of course never an slick move. Each day, I would get there at around 2:00 to get them, and there would be a line, most days I sat in that line for 45 minutes waiting to get the boys. Trust me I thought more than once about NOT showing up on time, and just swinging in there at 2:45, but with my luck, on that day, EVERYONE would be done and out of there in 20 minutes and boy would I look like a jerk! So I dutifully picked up those 4 boys every day on time. :-) I then took The Webber 3 to their dad's work, and then Damon to his home and then home to the girls. Monday and Wednesday Liza had Flute and Horses. It was an incredibly busy week.
Alex got to shoot his first Bee bee gun, and bow and arrow. I was surprised to learn that he enjoyed the gun more then archery... I always thought he would be more of and archery guy. That first day home from camp, he got on the computer and googled guns, bazookas and rifle. It was a sad day for this momma who some how avoided that scene until now. Sure he's had a few little play guns, but light sabers and swords have always won his attention. To be honest, kids who like guns kind of scare me. I worry that they'll turn into the psycho kids who shoot up their schools.... I know, I'm crazy, but seriously..... how DO you know if your kid is going to take it that far or not??? He had a ball anyway, and on Friday Tori, Annie and Katie and I went out to the camp for a few minutes for "family day", and he got to show us a few things and take the girls on a giant inflatable water slide. They thought that was really cool. Alex got a few belt loops and passed off a few more things from his book. He sure likes to pass stuff off, he has been working on it more and more with Brent. It's fun to see them work together on that stuff. This next week is not supposed to be quite as busy, but I am sure that things will come up to make sure that no one gets bored. :-)
10 comments:
I don't think you know "how" to be bored!!! :) That pool slide looks like a blast!
Fun pool party!! Alex's scout camp sounded super neat - glad he had a good time!
That slide looks super awesome. I can't wait until my kids will actually play in a pool for real.
I know about picking kids up and the wait. It's like that for school around here. I can go 20 minutes early and wait that 20-30 minutes to pick them up, or I can go on time and wait 20-30 minutes to pick them up, but if I go 20 minutes late to pick them up, the kids have gone inside to tell the office I've forgotten them. Sheesh! A girl can't win.
Keep up the busy work!
whew! girl...you had a crazy busy week! :) love the pics, esp katie on the slide with her floatie! what a brave girl!!!! we miss pool parties at the hugeley's, guess we got banned, LOL!
Wow! Crazy busy week! Super cute pictures! I can't believe how old your kids are getting. Can't wait to see you guys!!
Fun times. Don't worry about the guns. I come from a family where the girls and the boys enjoy shooting guns. We are all pretty normal, well I think we are.
I am surprised you could squeeze all that in within a week's time. It wears me out just reading about it. It must be all that exercising that gives you all the energy! Katie was so cute coming down the slide...she has the scared but determined look.
Lol .. I'm glad you guys had a good time! I love having you come over. No, Laura!! You haven't been banned!! Primary Pool parties start back up soon now that YW Camp is over, Whew!!
hehe, i was just being funny michelle! :)
You guys are busy, busy, busy!!! I really need to find some friends with a pool! Looks like the kids had a lot of fun!
See you in July! I sure hope the weather gets better!! We'll keep our fingers crossed!
Post a Comment