Saturday, June 26, 2010

Canoeing

Michelle and Robert invited us to go on a Canoe trip.... adults only. Although the idea of canoeing all day wasn't terribly appealing to me, the idea of spending the day with friends did, so we signed up and secured a sitter. Brent and I have never Canoed together, so this was a new adventure for us.


Michelle and Robert got quite a kick out of us getting caught up and having to try to get out of various obstacles. There is even a video that I am sure Michelle will post in mockery of us. :-) Michelle and Robert... notice that we are a head of them... this is a safe distance to be from the attacks of Michelle and her super duper water guns. Those things are crazy, one squirt will drench your victim!
Along the 10 mile river ride we saw crazy people jumping off cliffs and then further up the river we saw crazy people swinging off rope swings. Some of our party... not including me... joined up with these crazy people and went for a few swings off these two swings. Even Brent joined in with the crazies.... I told him that I was proud of him for being so brave. I stayed safely on the rivers edge.
At one point we parked the boats and hiked a little bit up off the river bank to a little water fall. We went with Roberts family, and his so cute little baby sister and her hubby posed here in front of the falls and made such a cute picture. Us old folks tried..... we didn't look so cute, but we thought we were pretty funny for trying to look cute like them.
Robert and Michelle
Here is the whole gang! It was such fun.... even when I was being ambushed with the filthy river water. Outdoors woman, I have never been.... so this was a new adventure for me. Like I said in a previous post..... I do believe that this is Michelles purpose in my life.... to help me step out of my comfort zone.
I had to add this picture because Even Katie noticed that Brent and I have the same stance. Funny, I thought we only did that when the kids were around... some one must have been in trouble... probably Michelle. LOL!!!

This was such a fun day... it was hot, but we stayed wet. The day ended with a trip to Qdoba on the way home. The kids had an interesting time. Liza babysat until 12:30, then Caity came over and watched the kids till we got home around 8 pm. Sometime around 3, Liza lost a key to the house, and locked them all out... so they weren't home when we got home. Luckily Caity lives across the street, so they all went over and hung out at her house. They seemed to have had a fun day. Just like we did!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Looks like fun! The first time I was ever in a canoe, I tried to kill Darrell. Long story--don't ask. My comfort zone is fairly small--maybe I need someone like Michelle to kick me out of it once in a while, too.

6L's said...

awww, you and brent do look cute! flip that pic around though, lol! sounds like a great day!