Mothers Day this year was kind of crazily squeezed in between birthdays and home showings. Brent is working Trauma this month, so he has had kind of a weird schedule, so sometimes he works the night shift for 3 days. And it so happened that he was working mothers day weekend. He wanted to give me mothers day still, so the silly guy worked all night and then stayed up all day taking care. (Despite my insistence that he didn't need to do it.) It meant more to me this year then any other tho. Just because I knew he could have blown it off and said yeah, I'll do it another day. The sacrifice was a gift. During the week, when he was off work, we went to Cheese Cake Factory, my pick, for Thai Lettuces Wraps (YUMMO!!!) That was SO fun. The kids have never been there, so they loved it.
They did a little play where Tori was a white bunny. "Over in the Meadow". The kids sang songs and gave the mom's cards and butterflies full of glitter. :-) (I LOVE glitter....)
We had a snack of Dirt and worms that was actually sponge cake in softened ice cream stacked up inside a bowl to look like a brick plant holder. It was quite yummy. My card from Tori was super sweet, where she told me that she loves me because I make her food. And that I look pretty when I am going to church. ( I love these things that they have them fill out) So cute. Brent gave me an ipod touch.... I LOVE it! My ipod died... remember the xx eyes on my ipod post? Yeah, so I am very happy to have one back seeing as how I need music for teaching. :-) I love the internet feature on it. SO COOL.
9 comments:
What a nice mother's day! I love Tori's poem. Brent is a trooper too, but you deserved a nice day!
Nice mother's day. It sounds like you had a good day, and I like your gift:)
What a wonderful Mother's Day. Aren't kids compliments SO sweet?
Your kids are so darling we miss you guys. I can't believe that Alex is 8! CRAZY! So neat though and i love Tori's long hair, she is such a cutie.
I'm glad it was a good day. And sweetness about the iPod Touch! Your guy rocks!
Glad you had a great mother's day! I'm glad you found my blog. Keep in touch!
Cool beans on the ipod touch!! I'm so glad you had a good mothers day and I think I'm going to have to try those thai lettuce wraps!:)
I am glad you had a nice mother's day because you deserve it all and more! Alex's baptism pictures were great and I am sorry we missed being there. Hope everything is going well with the house drama! We're keeping our fingers crossed for ya!
Aww. I missed that presentation for Ethan because I had my Jane right then, but it looks so fun. Sorry about your 40 showings. I'm not sure which is worse--that or absolutely NO showings like the house I'm living in has had. But bad for them=good for me, so that's FINE. Good luck with everythign!
Post a Comment