Saturday, May 9, 2009

One more second

We've had a crazy week... showings, birthdays and dad working night shift don't do well together.  There is a few blogs coming of birthdays and such, but today I just need to blog about a girl who we have deemed "The Birthday Scrooge".  All week long we have had to endure hours and hours and HOURS of Tori.  Her voice has been locked in complain/whine mode, and NOTHING turns it off!  This girl is so put out that other people are having birthdays and hers isn't until October.  Now I understand that it is hard to wait for ones special day, and I also understand that it is difficult to watch your siblings get new stuff and receive nothing for yourself, but the CONSTANT whining is going to drive me CRAZY!!!  We can't even pick up the mail with out a 5 minute lecture from Tori about how much it sucks that Alex got a card, and how much she wishes that it wasn't his birthday.  Seriously Friends, she is making me nuts.  I have tried to talk it out rationally.  I've tried to ignore  it,  I have tried to point out all the fun that she has gotten out of this week of birthdays, but all to no avail.  She is determined that she HATES other peoples birthdays.  Hence the name "Birthday Scrooge".  Katie has shared her toys, but Alex only got one gift and of course won't share, so until he does, I have to hear about it....  oh give me strength with this girl.  :-(

4 comments:

Cami said...

Oh MAN, I could go ahead and change Tori to Jeffy and post this. I FEEL that pain. Ugh. Seriously. And the money just complicates it. You should have heard the tirade that came after Ethan got a card with $15 in it. Don't worry that Jeffy talked Ethan into asking for something for both of them with the money. Brat.

couplabz said...

That stinks. I hate it when my kids pull that crap. Dayle does it around Eli's birthday and vice versa. Stinks.

Dawn said...

when mine where little and the other had a birthday i went and got a small bag of sweets for the other siblings and wrapped them so they all had something to open. Soft head you may say but it worked. Then they got to an age where it didn't matter so much

Jann said...

There is nothing that grates on my nerves more than whining. Especially when these children are so incredibly blessed in ways they don't even realize. Mine tend to understand a little better now that they are older. It does not stop the whining completely, but they do reason out of it quicker.