Monday, May 11, 2009

Katie's 3!

HAPPY 3rd BIRTHDAY KATIE
I can't even believe that my Katie is 3!  How in the world did that happen?  Oh she is at such a lovely stage.  I adore 2 and 3 year olds and am really cherishing every moment with her.  She was a cinch to potty train, and is a doll 95 % of the time.  She loves to make mom and dad happy and proud.  She isn't sneaky or sassy.  She plays so well by herself it sometimes makes me feel guilty.  She love love loves her best friend Leah.  They share similar interests and are SO cute when they play together.  Both of them, amazing at sharing, for their age!  She absolutely adores Dora!  Right now it is the Dora Saves the Mermaids that is her favorite episode, but she has also really enjoyed the "Super Babies" episode.  She got TONS of Dora stuff for her Birthday.  Dora dolls, bubbles and figurines.  A Tinker bell umbrella (cuz she does love tink) and some ponies (from leah) because the two of them also LOVE ponies.  She will play babies with Tori, but not like she plays ponies or with her Dora house.  It is so fun to listen to her play and act out the scenarios.  So cute.  Katie is hip on the big kid stuff and loves to dance with Liza to Crazy Frog techno, and "ballet" with Tori to the piano.  She also calls points out anything "Hanna 'Tanna" too.  She has taken her daddies "secrets" and will tell you "I need to tell you a secret" and then whisper "I love you" in your ear.  She will still lay down and snuggle to watch a movie but does have to get up if Dora says "Stand up! Up Up Up!"  But will come right back after she helps Dora over come her obstacle.  She also yells at and talks to the TV.  It's very cute.  She truly is this sweet people, I am not kidding you.  Okay, so sometimes she is a bit spoiled.  But as long as things are going her way... all is well with Katie.  :-)  Happy Birthday my sweet girl!!! I am so glad you are a part of our lives!
For her birthday we had a little family party.  Her brother and sisters each bought her a gift with their own $$, they really did spend their own hard earned $ on their sister.  Even Alex who was saving his $ to pool together with his birthday $ for a DSi, bought a nice gift.  

Here she is with all her loot from the Family!  She was so excited and LOVES to play with all of this stuff.  She is even sitting on  her Dora blanket.  :-)
These are the Dora Cupcakes.  She was so cute, all day she asked me if she could have her cupcake "where Dora do's this" and then she would pose like the Dora picture on that cupcake that is right in the center.  This one was her favorite!  She loved her Dora cakes.  :-)
This picture is SO Katie, I had to post it.  She is such a sweet heart.
The kids told her that she has to close her eyes and make a wish when she blows out her candles.  So she did, but she didn't open her eyes to blow, so there was much blowing in the wrong directions before he siblings advised her that it was okay to open her eyes to blow.  It was so cute.  It took a few blows and some coaching to blow at the stickers to get her to get the flames out.  Too funny. 
Her dear pal Leah was out of town on her actual Birthday, so we waited for her to come back in town for her party.  When asked who she wanted at her party she told me "Me and Leah, and Dora, and Luke."  Well, we got Luke and Leah, but no Dora.  Oh well, 2/3 isn't too bad.  She was pretty excited.  
We ran the cupcakes through one more time for the Friends and had some hotdogs and cheetos too.
Here, "Lukey" is giving her a hug, but she is far to busy with the gift he has given her to hug him back.  Then is was off to Jump Zone with her pals and sister.  They had a blast!  Even though Katie looks like a scraggamuffin cuz we are growing out her bangs, she had a great time with her pals!! :-)

13 comments:

Dawn said...

you know what, when we moved to the states seth was four and adored Dora so we got him a dora blanket and he STILL sleeps with it at 9 years old, I love it, Happy birthday Katie

Jann said...

Happy Birthday Katie. What a sweet post about your girl. It looks like you had so much fun with the birthday celebrations.

Jenni said...

Happy happy birthday to Katie!! Oh she is so darn cute and it looks like she had a great birthday!

Cami said...

SCRAGamuffin? Awesome. She is a doll. Looks like a great b-day.

Drea said...

Man she's cute!! I can't believe she's 3!! Also, Happy Birthday to Alex. I hope he had a great day!

Corinne said...

Wahoo! Happy birthday to that 4th child of yours. What a blessing she is :)

Jeri said...

Unbelievable! How can she be three?

Happy Birthday Katie!! I'll get you a pack of gum! =)(Your Mommy will LOVE me for that!)

Barbara said...

I absolutly adore those pictures of katie!
I can see hear doing just as her sibling tell her-close your eyes-I bet it was so funny:)
Lucky you to be growing her bangs out! I think they made her look too old!!!

Tracy said...

Happy Birthday to your cute Katie! I remember when we went to dinner and movie and she was in her little carrier and she weighed like 5 pounds! Well, it seemed like it, she was so tiny!

Anonymous said...

I remember when Katie was born...and Granma was there. Now Katie is a young lady of 3!! WOW.

Greg and Nicole Jensen said...

What a cutie! Sounds like she had a special day! You always do a great job making birthdays special for your kids.

Kellie said...

Happy birthday Katie. I love the photos by the Azaleas. Lovely lovely.

Amber said...

Happy Birthday Katie! I can't believe she is 3 I remember when we first moved here she was a tiny one. Man they grow up fast. What a pretty