Monday, May 4, 2009

First Good bye.

Today started out normal, teaching water aerobics this morning.  It has rained like mad around here the past few days and my back yard is looking like a swamp.  (maybe we should put this in our MLS listing "Home back's onto stocked pond... fish off your own deck!!)  We have lowered the price on the house AGIAN (sigh) and so have had a few showings one sat, one sunday, and two today.  The fun today began when I had the agency tell me that I had 2 showings between 12:30-1:00.  I thought that was funny to have them both in the same 1/2 hour, but what ever.  We came home and got cozy (katie and I).  We fired up the oven to bake us up some yummy cookies.  
Yes, I know, I am old fashioned... Home baked cookie like grandma used to make.  :-)  The oven beeped that it was ready, we pulled the cookie dough out of the fridge.  And this is what we found:

My Friends and family with teenagers will likely say "get used to it".  But me and poor Katie were pretty disappointed.  :-(  I would have whipped up a batch of cookies, but I had an appointment, and didn't have time.  Luckily I didn't start because just moments later, there was a knock at the door.  "Hi, Im the agent showing your house!"  AHHH, what!?!?!  (me with DOG under my arm standing in the doorway looking shocked).  I Apologized for being taken by surprise, invited them in to look about, and ran around turning lights back on, and trying to make sure that everything was still good, while keeping the dog quiet and katie and I out of the way.  They didn't look or sound too interested.  I asked them if they had any questions about the area.. none.. Oh well. 
Then I skittered off to my Dr.s appointment.  I let my Gyn appointment wait way long (hum, 3 years since I had Katie.  :-) )  I went to see my all time favorite Dr. (well with the exception of the one I am married to).  Dr. Espisito.  He is SO wonderful, I can't talk enough about how awesome he is.  He just has the most amazing bedside manor and is so personable.  I got to ask him all my questions and chat for a little bit.  Then, he got up, gave me the low down and said good bye and walked out of the room. :-(  I choked back a tear. (that feeling took me by surprise)  I just said my first goodbye, I thought. BOO!!  I felt that the good bye was not good enough, so I was happy to see him in the hall and get a chance to shake his hand and tell him that I wouldn't see him again, but thank you so much for all that he has done for our family and for me.  What an amazing Doc.  So anyone looking for a great OB/GYN in Columbia, this guy's for you... he is well worth the wait, and yes, there is always a wait, but you get your turn 100%.  I raced home because I made poor Natalia late for her Ballet ( Jeri had my kids)  and we are off to  Chick fil a fund raiser tonight.  Yippee for not cooking.  :-)


9 comments:

B.E.C.L Wall said...

I think saying goodbye to a good OB is one of the sadder goodbyes to make! Sounds like you guys are up to your normal busy life. Good luck with the house and moving while being a mom!

Cami said...

That is sad and annoying about the cookie dough. AND the surprise showing. Wow. I've heard good things about Dr. E. Remember my good friend denial. He is a good companion in these days.

Kellie said...

I like the fish-pond angle. :o) Good for you for taking the time to shake his hand and thank your doctor. That just doesn't happen enough in this hurry-scurry world.

Jann said...

I have teenagers, and I am not used to finding empty cartons of yummies I was looking forward to enjoying. I love when they put them back in the fridge, mostly empty. Little stinkers.

Goodbye's are no fun at all. BOO!

Jenni said...

Goodbyes are the pits! I feel for you! And man no fair about all the cookie dough being gone - my kids don't know it's actually edible...My mom told them they'll get sick if they eat cookie dough and I've just let them keep believing that so I get it all to myself.:)

Barbara said...

the first of many... at least you get to start off small:)
Maybe you should cover up the cookie dough container with a dog food logo. I hear it keeps people from eating all kinds of things:) hahah:)

Jeri said...

I hope this goodbye took the edge off, and the rest will be easier. I hate goodbyes! I am a very good friend with Cami's friend. (denial) I don't know what I am going to do without you, so I just block it out of my mind. *sob*

Anonymous said...

Looks like 'not me' visited your cookie dough.

Holly said...

craziness!!!!!!!!!!!!! And the cookie dough.....depressing. I would be depressed!! Poor Katie. You are amazing, and I don't know how you do it!!!

Hol